Yogurting MMORPG

Console, PC, MMO games
amfest

Post by amfest »

lol Anony . . . the thing is to learn moderation . .lol. Although Ican't really speak about that >_< But the game even though not having a huge gameworld has an attraction of all it's own to people who just love cute things >_<.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

onomeister wrote:But I'm sure it's my graphics card of only (32MB VRAM) that's the problem.
It might very well be that. Yogurting always crashed when I tried to run it with the 64MB onboard VGA graphics of my K8MM3-V motherboard.
I can run it with my Ati Radeon 9250 with 128MB -a budget video card which I had actually bought thinking it would be quite sufficient to handle Yogurting- but it has very noticeable (and annoying) lag and very low framerate.
It runs smoothly on my Ati Radeon 9600 with 256MB however, so as strange as it may be in a sense for an mmorpg, Yogurting does need a mid-end video card with good 3D capacity to run smoothly.
anonymous_object wrote:Sorry guys, I'm going to leave Yogurting
It requires too much time and I was taking time out of other things I need to do in order to play.
Iya desu!!! Sucks that you want/need to leave anony... :cry:

However, you could try and play in moderation like Amfest suggest, I usually only have an hour or so a day to play it too but that's enough to have some fun with it. :)
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I can play in moderation, but even so, the game itself requires far more time than I am willing to put in. After seeing how quickly powering up progrsses after reaching grade 2, I can now see it taking several hundred hours of gameplay if I really want to get to the higher grades. Not worth it in my opinion. As much of a gamer as I am, there's a certain point where I just think it's just wasteful to play so much =P
That's also a reason why "modern" japanese console RPGs annoy me. Taking over 60 hours of gameplay to fully complete a game isn't fun in my opinion. I like the older RPGs that could be beaten in 40 or less ^^
e-shuushuu!
Watanuki

Post by Watanuki »

ever play Disgaea? 112 hours logged so far, and i'm only level 400-ish T_T
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

anonymous_object wrote:That's also a reason why "modern" japanese console RPGs annoy me. Taking over 60 hours of gameplay to fully complete a game isn't fun in my opinion.
Lol! I bought "Star Ocean Till The End Of Time" in december 2004 and just finished the main story two weeks ago after over 170 hours of gameplay (that's not counting parts I replayed and I haven't even started the postgame and extra dungeons that are now unlocked yet). That game lasted over a year already and might provide quite a bit more hours of gameplay still.
Good value for money!
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

anonymous_object wrote:I can play in moderation, but even so, the game itself requires far more time than I am willing to put in. ^^
I'm curious of what anonyO's ordinary busy day is like... Sounds like he's got a LOT of things going on, and a whole LOT busier than my life, by the sounds of it... You should write a book anonyO! :wink:
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

onomeister wrote:
anonymous_object wrote:I can play in moderation, but even so, the game itself requires far more time than I am willing to put in. ^^
I'm curious of what anonyO's ordinary busy day is like... Sounds like he's got a LOT of things going on, and a whole LOT busier than my life, by the sounds of it... You should write a book anonyO! :wink:
Well, I'm a full time student with a part time job so my daytime is pretty much filled with that. Evenings are reserved for homework, my little projects (kawaii-radio and shuushuu), friends, and gaming here and there ^^
Besides, the more I play Yogurting, the less time I get for Panzer Dragoon, Nintendogs, Oblivion, and the various other games I'm playing =P
e-shuushuu!
anonymous_object
Site Admin

oh yea, I'm playing Psychonauts right now too. That game is sweet ^^
e-shuushuu!
gourry_gabriev610

Post by gourry_gabriev610 »

anonymous_object wrote:Besides, the more I play Yogurting, the less time I get for Panzer Dragoon, Nintendogs, Oblivion, and the various other games I'm playing =P
Nintendogs is such a fun game, though I don't own a ds Since it cost almost as much as a math book(130 dollars). :cry: College is to exspensive when one can't get grants. And I have a bunch of tests coming up so I haven't been able to play very many games lately. But in a week or so I can be back on, or mabye even as early as the weekend.
amfest

Post by amfest »

Just to pipe in . . .Though it should be verified before maybe making an annaouncement sorta sticky for yogurting . .but I heard that like umm I think it was april 21-27 or something like that . .ti's gonna be double xp gain week event or something. And I think next month there's going to be another event where the drops will be double. So I'd think if you want to advance quickly .. that would be the time :P
Ecchi-BANZAII

Do'h watashii no Baka~~~~~~

Post by Ecchi-BANZAII »

Ah so I'm the only one that haven't played it yet. I to had the hungho/yogurting problem, but I'm running on my lap like every time on internet I'm using it but still WHEN I manage to reg right and log in it would still be pitch black since I'm using an IBM R40:
Pentium4 M 1.92GHz
256 CL 2.5.3.3.6 166MHz
20GB HDD
and hehe yeah 16MB Ati Mobility card still it can run games like NFSU:2 fine...
and also hehe the HDD it's not even a 5400 RPM it's 4200RPM haha...
Smithy

Re: Do'h watashii no Baka~~~~~~

Post by Smithy »

Ecchi-BANZAII wrote:and hehe yeah 16MB Ati Mobility card still it can run games like NFSU:2 fine...
Maybe it can run "Need For Speed Underground 2" fine but for "Yogurting" you need at least 64MB RAM for video and I'd say you better have at least a mid-end video card to ensure smooth gameplay, else the 3D is just far too heavy for low-end cards or VGA onboard systems.
amfest

Post by amfest »

Some games are like that . . . it's all about the engine they use and how they tweak it/modify it. Saying you can run some game just doesn't really compare well in this sense since they are typically totally different engines. Anyhow engine choices can kill a game due to it's requirements lol. But you're most likely out of luck if you just have a 16mb vid card >_>. Thats why when I got my laptop I made sure I got the highest card they could install in it and got a ati radeon mobility 128mb although it's only an xPress 200 series >_< . . . but at least I can play most games I get and even with some laggage at times .. i can still Frag on UT2k4 . . . Drivft through Initial D vengence mountain, Rock on Guitly gear X, Pound on RBOffline, and Cream on Yogurting . . .errr I mean n/m
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

amfest wrote:and Cream on Yogurting . . .errr I mean n/m
Hentai!!!

J/k :P
amfest

Post by amfest »

I feel dirty being told that by Smecchi

XD