Automatic login when clicking over from Imageboard to Forums

Have a good idea? Let us know
onomeister

Automatic login when clicking over from Imageboard to Forums

Post by onomeister »

It's not a big deal or anything, but I usually go from checking out the new images of the day and then go to the forums and everytime I would have to login to the Forums, even though I'm already logged in on the Imageboard. Not a big deal if it's too much hassle though...
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

if your already loged in the image part of shuushuu when you come to the forums you should click the [Log me on automatically each visit] box so when you come here from the image part the forum will log you in
automatically....i hope that helps :)
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

Cookies for the win; both sites have autologin, login once and take advantage of it.. so with that said, unless anon thinks it worthwhile, thread closed.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

The forums operate on a separate database than the main image board. Also, the image board users tables is far more flexible in allowable usernames than phpbb's. Because of this, I was not able to have the image board user accounts automatically populate the forums database. Considering the image board is more important than the forums and I would have to change quite a few image board usernames to make them phpbb compliant, I just decided to keep them separate. Along with what AnimeJ said, just take advantage of the cookies and it won't really be a problem or even noticable after the first login.
e-shuushuu!
Oni

Post by Oni »

A tip: if you use Firefox, use the password manager in that if you're not comfortable with cookies.

Just a thought...
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

Oni wrote:A tip: if you use Firefox, use the password manager in that if you're not comfortable with cookies.

Just a thought...
thats what i do>_>