Something that's been bugging me about comments...

Have a good idea? Let us know
Starra

Something that's been bugging me about comments...

Post by Starra »

Is that some people post things like "I hope you like it" and "glad you like it" when they did not make the image, they just posted it here. Since it's not THEIR image, they shouldn't be saying things like that, right? It's been annoying me and I've been seeing a LOT of people do it.

I am not saying we should have a rule that states "do not post saying you hope people like the image if it isn't yours" or anything, but it should be common sense, right?

I don't know.
shawurai

Re: Something that's been bugging me about comments...

Post by shawurai »

No harm is done by making a post like that imo. They don't actually say they created the image. Some people might just post the comment to share an image with others they they themselves haves scanned from an artbook or magazine that is hard to find/buy.

I don't think we should have a rule against post like that as long as people don't actually say they made an image they didn't and try to take credit for it.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Starra

Post by Starra »

But most of the time, it's the stuff directly from a fanartist's site.

I dunno, maybe I'm being all butthurt, but it irks me.
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

People thanking people for posting an image and their responses of "Glad you like it" will undoubtedly mean that they're glad they posted an image that is appreciated and will, in some cases, serve as a bit of a reward for searching for the image on the net, searching for reposts, adding correct tags and adding info and uploading it.

That's my theory anyway~
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

I think it's okay. People give their time in hopes of finding WIN images. I sometimes thank the poster for sharing/posting/scanning/searching certain images which i find WIN. It's like "Otsukaresama deshita" for me. After the time-consuming and hard task of prolly scanning and/or searching the net for images, the poster definitely deserves a thank you.

And for the poster saying "I hope you enjoy this", i also think it's fine. When you post images, you can't help but feel "Oh, i hope my fellow shuushuu-ers like this and discuss about it or have a joke convo or sth".
So for me, saying those things is pretty normal and fine.

:)
Valea

Post by Valea »

I see where you're coming from. But personally, I doubt they're actually thinking the poster drew the picture, and that's what counts right?
Starra

Post by Starra »

Haha, I guess I am just overreacting to it. It bugs me but yeah, there's nothing WRONG with it or anything.

Never mind ^_^;.
AiKaze

Post by AiKaze »

Starra wrote:Is that some people post things like "I hope you like it" and "glad you like it" when they did not make the image, they just posted it here.
Some people need other's approval :?: ...this happens the most to new members or when someone posts something that he/she thinks is kinda unique...ok, not someone, I'm talking here about me :roll: Sometimes when I find an image that I really really love I hope that others here will love it at least as much as me :D ...maybe because I like sharing the joy of finding an awesome pic ^^
I am the Queen...
...of scatter-brained, misunderstandings, naivety and... bubbles (~`-`)~oOo0