Rules sugestion

Have a good idea? Let us know
Yukino_Asakura

Rules sugestion

Post by Yukino_Asakura »

Many people comes to the page everyday and some of them joins to it, some of that persons sometimes don't understand the rules (a little or nothin' at all) because their languages. I have seen this problems many times and is a bit troublesome try to put order again meanwhile trying to make understand that people the rules.

So my little suggestion is if can be possible make the rules page a multi-language one (In other words, had the rules in many languages). I know that the page is an english imageboard, but my suggestion isn't forget that, is just make a basic page like the rules one readable to everyone for give more order and less trouble. Of course there should be a big note about english is the unique language permissible in the boards as a future warning about posting in other languages. With that the excuse of "I don't understand the rules" can be applied anymore...But well as I said is just a suggestion XD

ps: sorry for any misunderstanding is the above text, you know my english isn't the greatest thing in the world lol
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Re: Rules sugestion

Post by anonymous_object »

We would need translators (and good ones ^^) to do this.
e-shuushuu!
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Well, the rules have been translated to Spanish already...I'd be willing to try to get some help from my German teacher and translate them that way (unless another German speaker wants to do it). We basically have plenty of people that speak the more common languages. The issue here would be motivation to help translate, I think.
Merun

Post by Merun »

We have a few native German speaker. As for me I can do the French one.
Merun @ Twitter
Andell

Post by Andell »

I can help with French too.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

It'll probably won't be much of a hassle for the Dutch but if needed, I can make a Dutch version.
[Signature space. $10]
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

Are the Spanish translations of the rules in the actual section where the rules and information about the site are? I notice a lot of Spanish speakers say they can't understand the rules cause they are in English and not Spanish. Then someone posts the translated rules. If they aren't perhaps you should post currently fully translated rules in the wiki or in it's own forum and then give a link on English rules that leads to the translated rules?
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Yeah, posting them on the wiki sounds like a very good idea. That way they can be easily updated and corrected by native speakers.
e-shuushuu!
Merun

Post by Merun »

Ok, I created the category. I translated the rules in French ( might need a little bit of spell checking )

http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Rè ... s_(french)

You can use my version as a reference for the layout. It's just a bullet list but I guess some of you are not familiar with wiki edition.

The big title can be translated by "Rules for uploading". The article title should have the language name in english in between parenthesis.
Merun @ Twitter
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Added a basic translation for Japanese... hopefully someone can come along and proofread it.
Yukino_Asakura

Post by Yukino_Asakura »

Can someone help me please? I want create the spanish page but can find out how do it :/

ps: For easy access can be possible add a link to translated rules in the rules page? ^^?
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

I have a feeling the link to the translated rules will be added to the rules page eventually.
But as for making a rules page, you can do it easily by typing "Espanol Rules" or whatever Spanish Rules translates to into the search bar, pressing "create new page" and writing your rules into there. Or paste them onto a forum post and someone can make the page. ^_~ You'll need to make sure you end your wiki post with [[Category:Translated Rules]] so it ends up in the translated rules area ( http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Ca ... ated_Rules ).

Oh, and Fhant, I think if we're putting them on the wiki there shouldn't be any reason not to put them in as many languages as possible, so a Dutch version shouldn't hurt anything.
Yukino_Asakura

Post by Yukino_Asakura »

Thanks for the info Nine, I never have make a page in a wiki so I was really lost! xD
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Don't worry about it. ^^
And if you happen to accidentally do something wrong, someone will fix it for you. ^^b
Yukino_Asakura

Post by Yukino_Asakura »