Tag suggestion

Have a good idea? Let us know
neko_nekogami

Re: Tag suggestion

Post by neko_nekogami »

LilFlow wrote:We have "silver eyes" instead of "grey eyes"
Ah! I didn't see that! Thanks! ^^
We are currently in need of a lot of characters canon or original! Stop by to see what canons are available or create your own character!
Merun

Post by Merun »

I was under the impression that "royalty" would cover cases like just having a crown. Now is there a need to get this level of detail? Meaning that "royalty" would be a parent tag of "crown". I don't think it's needed but I guess there might be a purpose for the lolita fashion...

So right now, I only took into account recent post, which are far easier to count than the older. ( For: + | Against: - | Open: ~ | me: Merun's vote :D )

"surprise" ++++ me+
"scared" ++++ me+
"singing" ++++ me+
"bird" ++++++++ me+
"text" + me-
"mecha" ++++ me+
"heart" ++++ me+
"holding hands" ++++++ me+
"beverage" +++++++ me+
"hakama" ++++ me+
"cellphone" + me~
hime -> royalty +++++++ me+
"socks" ~ me~

I have a little issue with the "singing" tag since there is "music" and here is the description: characters singing or images with musical themes, music notes
So, some reworking should be done on the current tag if people insist on "singing"

For the implementation of "cellphone", like Fuwari I'm open. I think it would just be easier to rename the current one as "cellphone" and check the previous image for "telephone".
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I would prefer to keep it "telephone". A majority of phones images are cellphones anyway, so there's no real need for a child...and naming it "cellphone" would exclude the non-cellphones.
I think if we have a "dance" tag we may as well have a "singing" tag. I don't think people have been using "music" for it very dedicatedly, and I don't really like that system anyway.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well, the current "music" tag needs to be adapted for "singing". To a certain extend I think it can be renamed to singing, and break the relationship with "musical instrument", but I should check the images under the tag.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I like having a tag for music notes, so I'd keep it for that (the current use).
And then having a different one for "singing".
But still break that relationship between it and music.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

Yatchen wrote:I like having a tag for music notes, so I'd keep it for that (the current use).
And then having a different one for "singing".
But still break that relationship between it and music.
Well, I think there are more images which would fit "singing" under the current "music" tag.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Probably. I don't know why singing became something for the "music" tag in the first place, but it is...I use it on music notes, personally, and I see other people doing it too.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

I think it was the outcome of a previous discussion about "musical instrument"...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=467&p=33713&hilit=m ... ent#p33713

Guess the issue wasn't discussed back then.
Merun @ Twitter
Nady

Post by Nady »

Last edited by Nady on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I think that goes along the same lines as "orange hair".
Orange eyes like those can easily fall into either "yellow eyes" or "red eyes", I think.
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well, I think that adding orange hair or orange eyes will be the same problem as "pink eyes" which might be merged with "red eyes". Having colors too similar makes it harder to chose, and orange is usually clipped to brown here.
Merun @ Twitter
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

Yeah I have to say no to a orange eye tag. Orange eyes usually seem to look more red or yellow. A singing tag seems reasonable as well, I have always found it odd to group it with music. Because it seems like a very specific aspect of music. Though I don't want to get rid of music tag cause I too usually use it for music notes or when there is sheets of music being shown.

As for pink eyes merge, hmm that is a tough one I really feel on the border, there are a lot of images where it is hard to judge if it is a pink eye or red eyed girl yet at the same time it seems like there are still a lot of images where it is clearly pink eyes. Like Louise from Zero no Tsukiama
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I think there are enough that are so close vs. the ones that are easy to tell that we don't need both...they should be aliased though, to cut down on issues. I mean, eyes are often so small anyway... ^^;
私は悪魔です。
Julia

Post by Julia »

Yatchen wrote:I would prefer to keep it "telephone". A majority of phones images are cellphones anyway, so there's no real need for a child...and naming it "cellphone" would exclude the non-cellphones.
You could just rename it to "phone".
Yatchen wrote:I think if we have a "dance" tag we may as well have a "singing" tag. I don't think people have been using "music" for it very dedicatedly, and I don't really like that system anyway.
My feeling is "music" is used for if there's musical notes in the image or if people are singing or stuff.

What about making "moon" a child tag of "night"?
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

"moon" as a child tag of "night" doesn't work. Tagging a picture with "night" doesn't imply that there is a moon.
Merun @ Twitter