Tag suggestion

Have a good idea? Let us know
Isoroku22

Re: Tag suggestion

Post by Isoroku22 »

Well that's true indeed, but nevertheless I still think it could cover water as well.
It's kinda feels for me like adding skirt tag along with seifuku one (kinda bad example orz).
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Did you read the tag description for "beach"? It says there: sandy beach (lol that took me to Ray's "Sandy Balls").
Water is water... I see water in the glass, I tag it. I see water AFTER the rain, I add water. I see rain, I add rain. OK I don't know where I wanted to go with that, but ... jeez... is it that hard to realize the difference and with what tag you should tag an image?
Isoroku22

Post by Isoroku22 »

I read description and I don't have issues understanding such differences. What I mean is that I view sand and water as integral part of beach, just as much skirt or tie is part of seifuku. I don't really have problems tagging it separately, but right now the more I look at it, the more it seems unnatural to me. Maybe I'm creating unnecessary fuzz about it, but I think it's worth enough to give it a thought or two.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I just have one issue with those japanese tag, it's the fact that they are well, Japanese and not used commonly even in the otaku crowd meaning that even if it's there, people might not even know the word.
Merun @ Twitter
ButterflyIllusioned

Post by ButterflyIllusioned »

Merun wrote:I just have one issue with those japanese tag, it's the fact that they are well, Japanese and not used commonly even in the otaku crowd meaning that even if it's there, people might not even know the word.
I find this kind of contradicting, seeing as how this board uses "Ahoge", "Hakama", "Inu Mimi", "Kotatsu", "School Mizugi", "Odango", "Ookami Mimi", "Seifuku", ect

I honestly had to look most of these words up. And a lot of them don't have English counterparts even if they should (School Mizugi is a good example). To assume that everyone who visits Shuu knows Japanese is silly as even if someone is considered an "Otaku", it doesn't make them bilingual. This is why there's descriptions and other people to help newbies understand what the words mean. It's a learning experience. Just like learning all the tags to begin with.

This is also why I gave the English Named Counterparts (ie: Rain doll).

(P.S.- I'm sorry if this comes off as rude or mean. I'm honestly not trying to make it sound that way. It's 5am and I feel like it's rubbing off a little on my writing. If it sounds rude in anyway, please forgive me. It's most certainly not you or anything you said. >_<)
Merun

Post by Merun »

What can I say? I'm more than tired of having this sort of problem with tags so I will be short. Tag description don't make people aware of the existence of one tag. I do think that there is a threshold between commonly know Japanese word ( without being bilingual ) and rare word.

If you have an English equivalent, it will be better of course.
Merun @ Twitter
Hopeful_Encounter

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

How about a "pool" tag? Like a swimming pool.

And maybe a "slippers" tag?

Thank you for reading my suggestions. :3
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Slippers? you are stepping on a landmine dear though I still would like to add such tag. Pool seems like a good idea.
Merun @ Twitter
softfang

Post by softfang »

Hopeful_Encounter wrote:How about a "pool" tag?
I second this one! It's about time it's added. XD;
Hopeful_Encounter wrote:And maybe a "slippers" tag?
I'm not sure about this. I can't say I've seen too many pictures with slippers in them, to be honest. And it would probably cause a whole epidemic of "shoe types" to surface. We've already got "boots", we don't need "sneakers", "slippers", "sandals"... That's being way too specific, I think. -Shrug- Just my opinion though. :P
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Merun

Post by Merun »

Even if a tag is rarely used, it has some meaning into existing. I already tried this sort of argument.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Hmmm, I don't know if I love "pool". I mean, water + mizugi -beach can probably come close to covering it?
But I wouldn't object too much if it was added.
私は悪魔です。
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

I personally like pool tag. It had crossed my mind before. Though then I got distracted by a shiny thing and forgot~
And we already have a sandals tag softfang : P just throwing that out there
Don't personally care for it but wouldn't be totally against slippers I suppose.
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
Adore

Post by Adore »

I have a tag question? *raises hand* If there's an image of, say an usa mimi girl with a plushie carrot, would you tag the carrot as a stuffed animal because it's a plushie (although it isn't an animal) or would you tag it as food (because a carrot is food, although you couldn't eat a plushie carrot)? It was bugging me. ^^
Whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all
Nothing's like before
Merun

Post by Merun »

Or you can see it as a pillow and thus doesn't fit in either category. Well that's how I see it ; but at the very least, I wouldn't tag it as food.
Merun @ Twitter
Kyouchan

Post by Kyouchan »

"Feather" tag has been mentioned several times, and with very positive feedback from everyone. Yet, as another mentioned before me, the idea seems to have been forgotten. I upload many images that would use the "feather" tag if it was created, and I have long thought that we ought to have it. So, I just wanted to put it out there once more, in hopes that it will be accepted and created this time around *bows* Thank you for your time and consideration.
百合がさいこうだ~魔法少女リリカルなのはのことが大大大好きやねん~Image