New user name colors for Wiki Rangers

Have a good idea? Let us know
yuna

New user name colors for Wiki Rangers

Post by yuna »

As a member of the tagging team, I think it would come in handy to know who the Wiki Rangers are. My suggestion is to make it known to everyone on the board, if they need help finding the artist on pixiv, or a wiki entry needs to be editted, so that they will know whom to ask.

There have been a lot of discussions about the wiki lately, and I think we need to make it more known to new users or just as a whole to the Shuu Community.
Yatchen

Re: New user name colors for Wiki Rangers

Post by Yatchen »

I do not support this, even as a Ranger myself.
This is because the wiki is supposed to be edited by anyone and everyone who wants to do so. Changing the usernames color of the rangers would discourage editing from other people. And already people do not realize that they are also allowed to edit the wiki.
Additionally, for the most part these days, almost all of the active taggers are wiki rangers or at least comfortable asking someone who does know how to edit the wiki. So really you just have to ask a tagger. ;;;
私は悪魔です。
yuna

Post by yuna »

I see your point, I just think it'd be better for everyone to be aware of whom they can ask about the wiki. I'm a tagger and I don't edit the wiki, maybe if the shuuers knew more about the wiki, they'd help out more? Just a thought, most of the new users are unaware of the wiki, or that they can help out with it, so there needs to be a way of searching for or locating someone who can help, right?
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Then again, if they don't know about the wiki, why are they looking for help? ;)
私は悪魔です。
yuna

Post by yuna »

Because they are like me, they want to know how to edit the wiki, or they need help with editting it....see my point?
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I meant that if they don't know that the wiki exists they wouldn't be looking for help with it. :P
私は悪魔です。
yuna

Post by yuna »

If we show the strength of the wiki, the site would be stronger, IMO. I still think we need to show, somehow, whom on the board can help with the wiki itself-to teach the way of wiki, something like that; a wiki warlock, sensei, master, etc.

We need more opinions on this topic, so I'm waiting for some more mods.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

*raises hand* i know about the wiki, but i thought only a few users are able to edit it >////w////>;;
i never really knew i can do it too~
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Yes, you can edit as much as you like, as long as you're willing to listen to us fix your corrections. ;)
私は悪魔です。
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

I don't know if I like the idea of giving a new color to the wiki rangers. Mainly because they don't do what any other normal tagger does in relation with the actual image board. We just help edit an extra source that is helpful for finding images.

A suggestion from me about what to do with identifying who is part of the wiki rangers is perhaps create a section on the wiki. We have a section that identify tag team members and mods. I actually used that quite a lot when trying to look for help when starting off at shuu just to get familiar with who the authorities were and what they did. And if we have this section already sorry I have no idea where it is xD;

As for trying to get people to try and use the wiki or even edit. I don't know what to do on that. I know several times tagging team members have tried to encourage people to use it. Though they never do. Not to mention it is already a chore trying to get people to give pixiv links orz With Editing help, well we have several tutorials. I don't know exactly what else we should do. Unless there is something unclear about them? Honestly when I first started editing I did everything self taught. =P
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
yuna

Post by yuna »

The whereabouts of the wiki seem to be cloudy for the new user and those that just upload images. How about a section of the homepage that has a direct link to the wiki?
Last edited by yuna on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Nana-chan wrote:As for trying to get people to try and use the wiki or even edit. I don't know what to do on that.
I more or less resorted to begging people for help, with varying degrees of results. XD I haven't done it in a while though.

That page...I'll go make it. ;)
Edit: The page is here: http://e-shuushuu.net/wiki/index.php/Wiki_Rangers and accessible through a main page thumbnail.
Perhaps I should change it into a superhero thumbnail? :D

As for the wiki location, well, we can't change that: just anony.
I have it as one of my preset Quick Links though. *_*
私は悪魔です。
yuna

Post by yuna »

I'm still in favor of something that will make the Wiki Rangers known to the regular users. It doesn't necessarily mean new user name colors, and perhaps this will give more "light" to the Wiki itself.