Posting Challenge

Have a good idea? Let us know
Ran

Re: Posting Challenge

Post by Ran »

I've been PM'd and asked by a few members on how the contest winner will be decided. I'm not sure so I'm posting this idea here.

I had originally thought that the user with the most posts would win, but I find that kind of boring. I would say that for moderator birthday challenges, the winner is not only decided on post count but also on the quality of images and how their pertain to said moderator's tastes. This adds a small amount of challenge to the game and also gives something for the moderator to enjoy for their birthday. At the end of the challenge, the moderator looks over the images and decides a winner based on quality of images as well as the number of images posted.

Thoughts?
Merun

Post by Merun »

Personally, both are fine to me. If you want to know more about someone's taste, just check their favorite :)
Merun @ Twitter
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

Yeah, I think that would be fine, too.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

One can be high quality, but low in number because of it.
One can be high in number, but low in quality.

Quality and number are two opposites if you think about it industrially. So bring both together to an "affordable quality merchandise".
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Alright, that should hopefully work out fine. =w=b
私は悪魔です。
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Just a thought. Why not do it for members as well? Instead of just mods? If you know what the members tastes are that is.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

If you're active and known around, why not? My birthday's on 14th of Ju... June, yes, June. I believe LilFlow's birthday is around then as well.
yuna

Post by yuna »

Tensa wrote:If you're active and known around, why not? My birthday's on 14th of Ju... June, yes, June. I believe LilFlow's birthday is around then as well.
Ahem, OUR birthday is June 14th, Ten-kun, and Lilflow's is the day before. Lol
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

..... AWESOME! LOL SORRTY YUNI! xD I'm very forgetful D:
Merun

Post by Merun »

Fact: pick 57 persons randomly, check their birthday. There is a probability of 99% that 2 of them will have the same birthday date.
Merun @ Twitter
demon_turtle1028

How about since we're doing it both by quality and quantity now, that we give out a slot for each one? Like, say you have the most quanity, but the person doesn't like your pics as much as the other person. You've spent time looking for pics so I think it would be fair. If you have both the best quality and the most quantity then you get 2 slots 'cause I know people were asking if there could be more slots for the winner.

Now, if you can tell the person didn't really try and posts anything for quantity, then its void and the next person gets it. How does that sound?
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

I DO NOT agree with two slots. Don't be greedy. There will be many editions of this contest. Unless the tags that have been chosen are a difficult find, then I by all means do not agree with two slots. And I do not mean a bit more difficult. I mean really difficult. In such a difficult manner that you can imagine 10 images uploaded by an user(that searched deep and high and low for the images) in a week for that contest.
demon_turtle1028

I'm not greedy, just some other users had asked, so I thought it could be implemented. Just a suggestion :P
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Well, Ran, up to you now. ;3
私は悪魔です。
Ran

Post by Ran »

Spent the day out with Hiromi at Zoo Atlanta so I haven't had a chance to go over the final post counts. Sorry for the delay, but if you guys can give me until tomorrow I'll knock it out! I do have my picks for quality posts though!