Re: Posting Challenge

Post by Tensa »

You can't win more than 5 times. OK.
You can't win in a row. OK.
But ONE slot per "challenge" is enough.
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

I think it could be every two months and on holidays. I like Imouta's(sp?) idea, too. For the mods' birthdays. Have them something to look forward to :)
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Merun

Post by Merun »

I'm already disqualified with my 40 upload slot lol. Actually I would be willing to add some slot to the winner of such challenge as well ;)

Also, I would rather suggest 2 tags rather than 1. Combining 2 tags is already a lot harder ( because God knows I make my event hard ). Next month is Ran's birthday, though I can already guess his tags "thigh high" and "school mizugi" or something like that :D
Merun @ Twitter
demon_turtle1028

Woah! That would be hard trying to find those two together, but I'm all for it.
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

If they are all too hard it would discourage people from playing though. Maybe we can do some easier ones and some harder ones as "special challenges" or something. (Which would be the same as normal, just labeled differently. 8D)
私は悪魔です。
Imouto-tan

Post by Imouto-tan »

Yeah! I like the special challenge idea! And maybe you get more slots when you win those than when you win the easier ones! ^-^
Ran

Post by Ran »

Merun wrote:Also, I would rather suggest 2 tags rather than 1. Combining 2 tags is already a lot harder ( because God knows I make my event hard ). Next month is Ran's birthday, though I can already guess his tags "thigh high" and "school mizugi" or something like that :D
I agree that one tag is too easy and three tags is too hard. Two tags should be easy enough.

If anyone is interested in this little game setup, then I call for images with the tags "neko mimi" and "twin tails"! :D
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I say let's go for it.
Week before Ran's birthday (what date is that), neko mimi and twin tails, who can beat the rest?! ;3
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

24th of this month. Also, I think it would be clever to put in the misc data "posting challenge" for each image people upload for the challenge, not in order to recognize them, but in order to spread a bit the information. Event with just a minority aren't fun.
Merun @ Twitter
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I agree!
私は悪魔です。
Julia

Post by Julia »

Tensa wrote:Besides, if it's every month, 5 months means you'll have +5 slots. And Julia it is appealing enough because it's not a one time thing.
I'm not sure why my name is mentioned there, lol

but this sounds fun.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

Julia wrote:
Tensa wrote:Besides, if it's every month, 5 months means you'll have +5 slots. And Julia it is appealing enough because it's not a one time thing.
I'm not sure why my name is mentioned there, lol

but this sounds fun.
Someone is hitting on you!
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Merun wrote: Someone is hitting on you!

>_>
<_<
Shush you!
demon_turtle1028

Ok, how about when its ready to start, someone posts a topic, like this:
Starts (Date Here) Ends (Date End)

Tags for the challenge: (Examples Here)

The rules:
(Examples Here)

Prize:
(Here)

Then whoever wants to participate will post in the topic. If you start posting pics with the specific tag, but haven't posted that you're joining, it does not count. Then, if you do post in the topic that you're joining, the pics do not count, still, because you haven't abided by the rules.

Some are common sense, make sure to tag the images you're uploading. Don't just upload 15 pics with one tag on them. You'll be disqualified. Make them good enough quality for the board.

Mods, or tagging team, even regular users will post statistics of how everyone whose participating does. There's no need to cheat, since A. This is just for fun and B. its kind of hard to cheat when anyone can look up how many pics you've uploaded with the tag.

Only those with the specific tag(s) are the ones we count. If you uploaded 15 pics today, but only 5 with the tag, then you only have 5. Yes, this is common sense, but someone might need all this to understand.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Alright...let's go for a week before the 24th?
So from Tuesday April 17 at 12:00am GMT to Tuesday April 24th at 12:00am GMT.
Tags will be neko mimi and twin tails.

Rather than having to post that you are joining somewhere, all submissions should include [contest entry] in misc. metadata. Submissions without [contest entry] will not count. You may add [contest entry] to previous uploads where [contest entry] may have been missed, but they must be within the time frame and added before the contest is over.

Obviously the usual board rules will still apply.
Uploads that are disabled do not count towards your score.

I (or another mod, if you want) will officially announce this on the board tomorrow (assuming this protocol is acceptable) and again on the 16th. An announcement will be made on the 17th at 12:00am GMT to begin the uploading and again on the 24th at 12:00am GMT to end it.
私は悪魔です。