Tag Creation History

Have a good idea? Let us know
Isoroku22

Tag Creation History

Post by Isoroku22 »

Ahem,

For some time there was one idea stuck in my head. Anyway that idea is what I called 'Tagging History List'. It would be personal feature for tagger and moderators alike. That list would contain every single tag (source, artist) that specific tagger/moderator created up until now.
The purpose of that list would be to make corrections in tag entries like correcting artist name, renaming, updating description (link, spelling, little info about artist/source), make aliases or backtrack artists who have yet to be added to wiki easier. Despite that we have report function, comments and specific thread that to some degree cover it I believe having another option wouldn't be bad. I've asked few fellow taggers beforehand asking for their feedback on idea and great part of them liked the idea.

yuna

Re: Tag Creation History

Post by yuna »

As I have said before, I like this idea. I really, highly suggest this be incorporated in the new shuu. I know the new shuu is on hold atm, but just bumping this topic I guess. XD
Merun

Post by Merun »

Something like this? http://e-shuushuu.net/community/recent/

It doesn't have all the feature you are suggesting but if it had to be implemented, I believe it will be on this page.
Merun @ Twitter
Biba

Post by Biba »

You can also use this: "http://e-shuushuu.net/tags/history.php?page=1&user_id=" to see a specific user's tag history. Just fill in the user's user id and you get their personal tag history. You can see older tag history by changing the page number too. I think you used to be able to pick a page but I guess it's no longer possible with new Shuu's page layout.
Isoroku22

Post by Isoroku22 »

Ohh, so something similar can be done already. Though what I have in mind is a list of tags created, not added to the image. Creation list would be manageable in ways mentioned in first post. As for outer look such list could look much like present list of recently added theme tags.
Merun

Post by Merun »

The Recent added tag page ( which I linked in my previous post btw ) is for newly created tag, not tags which are added on an image ( that's the job of the history page ). You will notice that there is a dropdown menu to select between theme, source, and artist. Most of the work concerning your suggestion has already been done.

So far, it seems like you just want to add a filtering by user name, pagination and eventually more information on the page.
Merun @ Twitter