A couple of ideas for improving the search feature.

Have a good idea? Let us know
XRena_chanX

A couple of ideas for improving the search feature.

Post by XRena_chanX »

1- The possibility of excluding some tags in the search.
For instance, if you only want solo pictures, you can exclude the "group" and "couple" tags, if you want a "gothic" picture that is not "lolita fashion" you can keep it out, etc.
I think it would make the search much easier and quicker.

2- Why doesn't the Misc. Metadata appear in the advanced search field? If I want to find, for example, all the scans belonging to the Girls With Cameras artbook, I can't.

I'll be waiting for feedback, thanks in advance for the attention.
Gicchan

Re: A couple of ideas for improving the search feature.

Post by Gicchan »

1. You can put the ! infront of a tag you don't want, so lets say your looking for gothic images, but don't want a bunch of lolita fashion. So you go into the tags for searching, and type in both "gothic" !"lolita fashion" and Voila~ No images with lolita fashion :3

2. I don't know if this was asked back then, but I guess you have to search manually. At least for now.

I hope this helped~

(x) sometimes the night is dark and stormy,
sometimes the ghosts of what you had run their fingers down a spine.
XRena_chanX

Post by XRena_chanX »

I had no idea it was possible to exclude tags with a ! before them, thank you for the help, Gicchan.

As for the misc. metadata, hopefully it will be included in the search function somehow.

Anyway, thanks again!
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

The problem with being unable to search through Misc. Metadata field appeared in Posting Challenge topic when Tensa and Yuna had to manually search for competition images to choose the winner.
Maybe this idea will be considered, who knows?
Merun

Post by Merun »

The problem is that the Misc Metadata's usage has expanded ever since its introduction. Normally, there shouldn't be a need to search them as it was first and foremost created for putting information like artist not present in the database. These are shortlived informations which is then converted into searchable tags.

Now people use them for all sort of stuff, so while searching is a solution, it's a deviation of its initial purpose, keep that in mind.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

I want to suggest something else: ability to search by spoiler status.

Say you're currently watching a series and want to see art of it but no spoilers. Easy enough, just don't click on the spoiler thumbnail (although there are certain situations that can still spoil, e.g. if the character field only has two chars, the thumbnail says spoiler, and the tags say "couple"/"marriage"/"kiss")

But what about when you have finished the series and now you want to see the spoiler images you missed before?
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3