Pokemon Character Tags Alias Suggestion

Have a good idea? Let us know
Imouto-tan

Pokemon Character Tags Alias Suggestion

Post by Imouto-tan »

Hi everyone!

I have a suggestion! For the character tags for actual pokemon like bulbasaur, espeon, etc. would it be possible to alias their English names with their Japanese one's? I just think it would clean up the character field for pokemon images quite a bit!

If you need a list of all the pokemon names (both English and Japanese) I'd be happy to provide one ^w^

Please let me know what you think~!
Hopeful_Encounter

Re: Pokemon Character Tags Alias Suggestion

Post by Hopeful_Encounter »

Thank you for your suggestion Imouto! ^^

Actually, I have done this already for the new Pokemon tags (the new XY Pokemon). However, it's a bit more difficult to do for the older Pokemon character tags. When someone tries to alias the English/Japanese names, it brings up an error message, because both names (the English and the Japanese one) are in the character field section. I'm sorry, it's hard for me to explain. I can't find the right words to describe it. ^^;; A tag team member would have to through every image and manually remove one of the names from the field section, before attempting to alias. This would take a ton of time (and I'm pretty sure I would lose my sanity doing it for all of them. XD;).

Anyway, tag team members can't alias the names together. A moderator will have to "force" alias the names together. You're of course welcome to provide the English/Japanese names of the Pokemon, but I'm not sure if this will be done right away. There are many other character tags to fix/delete, so the mods and tag team members have been working hard to clean them all up. So, I'm sure eventually the Pokemon tags will get cleared up. There are just so many Pokemon, so this might take some time. ^^;
I'm gonna be the one that saves you.