Child/parenting feature.

Have a good idea? Let us know
Aizawa

Child/parenting feature.

Post by Aizawa »

I decided to suggest a child and parenting feature here. Sort of what Danbooru and Yandere use. You know, the superior image as the parent, and the other as the child.

I don't mean just let reposts go by. Because reposts should be deletes, I just mean I think this feature would work out well especially for scans vs. digital, where the scans are great but do not surpass digital versions. Or where an image is slightly different from a bigger image [example: a girl has blue hair and it is day time, then the girl has white hair and it is night, one image smaller and one bigger. ] I think it would save a bit of time of commenting links, finding links, and it would help keep our galleries organized.

It is just an idea.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
DoomTay

Re: Child/parenting feature.

Post by DoomTay »

It might help for linking together things like http://e-shuushuu.net/image/193092/ and its several variations or remakes and their originals
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Any more opinions? Sorry for the bump. :]
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Just want to bump this again.
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

I think this would go well with what Emii was talking about here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1900
Like, if we could have alternate colorings/bigger difference in images as parent/child that are linked somehow but have different ID, and maybe CGs with barely any difference would go under the same ID...dunno...
What I dislike about Emii's idea is that it makes reverse searching difficult, since the system matches entire images, not just parts of it (so if i match an image I have that is uploaded in a merged one, i wouldn't get any results). Plus reposting becomes a hassle .-.

I wonder if there is a way to merge both ideas into one... yet still keep similar images with bigger difference as separate entries...
i make no sense again ;_ ; sorry
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
tw
Lyrical Magical tw-chan

Post by tw »

Thinking.

I think I understand what you want; actually, I think I understand all three of the opinions expressed in this thread so far.

But is this a feature that adds relevance or is it one that makes things more complicated to use or requires a shuushuu expert to really take advantage of?

On policy, I absolutely know that rescales, crops, and (heaven forbid) watermarking will always be grounds for disable/delete.

Building an automated system to derive these connections is sufficiently difficult that it is unlikely to ever be implemented.

Of the moderators and more so the tagging team, who among you think it is worth the extra effort to maintain these relations and decide "well this one is the master and this is the relationship of type X"?