Multi-tagging "replace" or "select all" option?

Have a good idea? Let us know
RockRabbit

Multi-tagging "replace" or "select all" option?

Post by RockRabbit »

Sorry, you know I explain super long, because I just can't do it any better orz...

So; when you have a whole page with search results, and you have to apply a new tag or something - it's sort of easy.
But, when you have ~99(?) images as thumbnail results and you want to change one tag for another one; say, for example we have a source that has a character we didn't know the family name of and now we wanna change the character "Maria" tag to "Maria Petrova".. So we go and select the source and look for just "Maria" as a character, right... and then you have to manually select each one, tag it as "Maria Petrova", then after applying that tag, re-select manually each image to remove the solo "Maria" tag...(because if you do it in reverse, the page will reload and you'll be sorta *bleep*)
So, my point is.. selecting many many images is sort of time consuming and I don't know how often other people use this function (I know I use it a lot more than I ever thought I would), but I've often lost my marbles over it, because those blocks are sooooooooo tiny...
So I am thinking that if there is an option to either select all blocks at once or change one tag for another, situations like this would be tons easier to handle.

Of course, I could also be the only nutter that uses this function and this suggestion could be completely pointless...
but a Rabbit's gotta try :D
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Sara

Re: Multi-tagging "replace" or "select all" option?

Post by Sara »

I think this would be quite helpful, don't see why it's ignored.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I think I had already suggested select all a long time ago. At the very least, there are a few browser extension which allows to do that. I remember using one once for Shuu, but I don't remember which one. Or... it will end like always, with a Greasemonkey script lol...
Merun @ Twitter
tw
Lyrical Magical tw-chan

Post by tw »

Basically you mean "replace tag X with tag Y IFF it has tag(s) Z[,Z1,Z2..]"

I personally use a shell script for that, so I know how useful this is.