Smoking Characters Regulation

Have a good idea? Let us know
Isoroku22

Smoking Characters Regulation

Post by Isoroku22 »

Greetings,

As most of us know smoking is both harmful for smokers and to people (unwillingly) inhaling smoke from cigarettes. With all health and moral issues caused by it I want to suggest regulating images showing characters who casually smoke like it's no biggie. If possible I'd like to see such images to be treated as harshly as possible.

Large feedback much appreciated.
Crimson_Camelia

Re: Smoking Characters Regulation

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

I need to say I don't agree with this idea.

However horrendous and morbid the habit of smoking may be, the act of smoking itself is not something obscene nor overly sexual, doesn't trigger any traumatic reactions by observing it, and is not recognised as violence.
With those three criteria being dismissed, I believe uploading images containing smoking is not something we should ban to keep status of safe board.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

In all honesty, I'm with Camelia. So long as the characters in the images presented to us under this category aren't smoking illegal substances [which is mentioned in the rules already]

I definitely agree that it does cause health concerns, and I can understand your point but this is just my input, ehehe.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Isoroku22

Post by Isoroku22 »

Let me clarify.
What I'm suggesting is not baning or instant disable images showing smoking characters, but rather then viewing them as harmless I suggest to consider them as type of material like let's say images with visible underwear; it depends on how much is visible, image atmosphere, characters pose etc. for it to stay.
Maybe it's bad comprehension, but couldn't come up with better. I suck when it comes to explaining. :(
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

I know this is an old topic, but.... this idea does have some merit.
Smoking will always be there.
As a past smoker I don't see such images as harmful.

1. I disagree with having an extremist view on it. It shall not be regulated like the Swastika (Nazi are forbidden, right, because they brought a bad image of racial inequality, by Hitler, a man who was inspired by an American, Henry Ford.... right.... right, ideological play at its best and most humans are so simple but w/e I digress).
2. I agree that images PROMOTING smoking shouldn't be allowed (that DOES NOT INCLUDE groups of smokers in one image, since it's not promoting anything. What I mean is clear text on images with smokers like: Want some?).
3. There are smokers who like smoking, it's a short life, yolo stuff and the sorts, who visit Shuu and are part of Shuu. They know smoking is bad, they still smoke. Smoking calms you down, it doesn't really bore you either. Fun. Yes, fun. I'm a past smoker.

In other words, I agree to ban images that are asking you or telling you to smoke.