Announcement Alerts?

Have a good idea? Let us know
Aizawa

Announcement Alerts?

Post by Aizawa »

I had an idea I felt was worth sharing the other day. Maybe we can have an announcement feature. Kinda like how we see reports. Although it could say 'there is one new announcement' or something. We can announce new tags, changes with the staff, contests [if those come back] or any other important information. Or it could just be a message in an inbox or something. Just a quick idea. :)
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
RockRabbit

Re: Announcement Alerts?

Post by RockRabbit »

I love the idea...
could also use it to notify of images that recently passed review (those usually end up unseen by people xD)
I'm not sure how applicable it is to shuu (coding is a very unknown territory to me)
but this sounds nice and useful :3
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Sara

Post by Sara »

RockRabbit wrote:could also use it to notify of images that recently passed review (those usually end up unseen by people xD)
That would be awesome. o.o

I like the idea too.
Gally

Post by Gally »

I also think this is a good idea.

And, I'm not sure if this would be for a different topic or could as well be suggested here, but speaking of notifications, I've been thinking it would be nice if users get notified when their uploads get disabled, put under review and such, with the reasons for it. The way things are at the moment, if for example some of my uploads get disabled for whatever reason now, I won't even know unless I remember each and every single one of them and check them all the time, or accidentally happen to be looking for something in particular that turns out to be gone.
It's good to know about those things, and I think it would be especially helpful for new uploaders. Because if they haven't been around much and aren't familiar enough with how things work, and their uploads suddenly start disappearing without notice, how would they learn..?
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Thank you for these suggestions. Keep them coming. Meanwhile I'll see what I can do.
chrono07

Post by chrono07 »

That would be awesome!!! It's a good idea!
"Yo no voy por donde van todos ~"
Say No More
demon_turtle1028

Post by demon_turtle1028 »

I fully support this idea. :)
"Oh, and just because I like humans, it doesn't mean that I like you personally." - Izaya
Crimson_Camelia

Post by Crimson_Camelia »

Similarly to Rabbit-chii, I don't know too much about coding, so I wouldn't like to demand you on something that is too difficult/time-absorbing, but I need to admit I also find this idea really helpful for site (^^)