Post by Kagemaru »

amfest wrote:[img]
Okay I was bored and since I make simplistic ones >_>
So? Simplistic ones can be very nice as well. Don't worry about it. ^^
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Fettgans

Post by Fettgans »

anonymous_object wrote:Nice work :)
Should we open a new thread for voting now?
Smithy said he would (maybe) try to make something, so I think we should wait a bit longer...
Juugo wrote:Except where u put "Forum" you could change that a lil. the M looks weird
I'm pleased with these celtic-looking fonts... Don't ask me why I used them, I just happened to find it fitting :lol:
Kagemaru wrote:So? Simplistic ones can be very nice as well. Don't worry about it. ^^
I second that ^^
|[ Current projects : DoujinSuki | CF ]|
amfest

Post by amfest »

Heh celtic fonts are nice . .. but I'm going to refrain from using them .. don't want this to turn into a celtic war! XD

anyhow .. I got REALLY bored this time >_< so I decided to try just a lil harder >_<

well not that much harder but it looks like it doesn't it? . . . Photoshop CS makes me look better than I really am x_x
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I didn't really have much inspiration right now, but here's something simple I put together:

(I used the standard 295x94 size.)

Since solwyvern said he was watching "Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~" (best series last year for me!) and as Kozue-chan is just the cutest I just went for a Kozue banner to contribute.
Juugo

Post by Juugo »

What program are you guys using to make those?
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

O.O! ♥_♥ Smithy, I love your banner. simple/cool and Kozue-chan is soo cute!

btw, I use photoshop.
Juugo

Post by Juugo »

I searched all over and didnt find anywhere to dl Photoshop.
Did you guys dl yours or buy it?
Dont make me get on kazaa XD its been ages since ive been on that spyware invested place.
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

I'm not sure it's available for download. because I couldn't find it before I had photoshop.
My friend had a copy of Adobe Photoshop 9.0, and asked if I wanted to try it out. that's how I got mine...
Drake

Post by Drake »

Juugo wrote:I searched all over and didnt find anywhere to dl Photoshop.
Did you guys dl yours or buy it?
Dont make me get on kazaa XD its been ages since ive been on that spyware invested place.
forget about Kazaa,use emule,it's way safer and offer a lot of possibilites :p (that's where I got my photoshop cs2,wich I use for making my sigs)
oh and nice one Smithy ,I love the text effect ^^
Juugo

Post by Juugo »

Photoshop CS2???
I see those on ebay for 400$
O.o

Edit*
Ive never used Emule and this looks pretty good. How come when i searched and got my file. It looks for sources then just sits there not dling?
amfest

Post by amfest »

well if you want anything there is always newsgroups or BT trackers. If I had to download anything though I choose a tracker over emule.

And I give you props on that banner smithy just cause it has kozue-chan on it!! :D :D :D

That series was awesome. I enjoyed it from beginning to end! ^^

Anyhow . .I had wanted to make a full moon style banner but I don't have any full moon pictures that I want to use :( . . . the style that I have isn't something I want to select and cut away to put it on a different background . . . seems too much bother :( Oh well.

Emule is one of those wait in line basically programs if I recall . . so if people are already uploading to a certain number of people you will have to wait till it starts up. It could happen quickly or it can take forever. Best to be left on overnight.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

OK, is that it with the submissions? I'll create a voting thread if it is!
e-shuushuu!
amfest

Post by amfest »

well I guess I can stop :P . .though I could get bored again >_< I'm not sure if juugo was going to get a program and try . ..

though juugo I'd say just get a trial version of paintshop pro at least and try that out.
Drake

Post by Drake »

amfest wrote: Emule is one of those wait in line basically programs if I recall . . so if people are already uploading to a certain number of people you will have to wait till it starts up. It could happen quickly or it can take forever. Best to be left on overnight.
exactly,you can have absolutly anything you want with emule,you just have to be patient and let it open the longest time possible (not sure of my english :p)
but we have to stop the off topic discussion now,or anonymous will slap us :p
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I currently use Photoshop CS. I haven't upgraded to CS2 yet.

Juugo, you should be able to download Photoshop CS2 through bittorrent (you can search for torrents on sites such as Mininova). Off course, be careful for viruses and keep in mind that it's not very legal...

A free and legal alternative is Gimp which should have all the functions you'll need for basic image editing.

Amfest, yeah "Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~" is excellent, a good adaptation from the manga. The manga is still ongoing, you can check it out if you want, it's hilarious and offers lots more information about the side-characters.