We need a forum logo

Have a good idea? Let us know
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Drake wrote:hum,If I may repsond,I'd like to say that 94 is a bit too small for a good looking ban,personally I work in 750x180 or 700x200,but if it's really cant be changed i'll deal with it ^^
Well, even the 94 is flexible. It can be higher, but let's keep it to a reasonable size, eh? =P
e-shuushuu!
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

uuumm, I would like to contribute too, ...but I have no clue on how to make sig's/ban's. Since I'm pretty adept at learning new things on a pc, can sum1 recommend a good freeware program that can make cool sig's/ban's?? I did some searching but I'd like people's recommendations better... Thanks
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Fettgans

Post by Fettgans »

(I clicked submit instead of preview :roll: )

My first try :

Very blurry, I will improve that : /
onomeister wrote:can sum1 recommend a good freeware program that can make cool sig's/ban's??
You should try Pixia and Gimp but personally I don't like them :lol:
Drake

Post by Drake »

I kinda misunderstand something now,I tought you were talking about the forum banner not small bans like that,it's a lot easier to make things such small :p,i'll make something immediattly
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Very nice submissions guys :)
I like both of them. Too bad we have to pick just one. We'll wait a bit to see if anyone else wants to submit one and then we'll have a voting session to pick the favorite one :)

Also, since people seem to like to make banners, would anyone be interested in possibly making a banner for the main site? We currently have three, but more would be nice. If there is interest in this, I'll setup another thread for it.
e-shuushuu!
test

Post by test »

fattgans,aragoma those look dead set wicked...well done...and to site admin..is there a way to make the site use more then one banner as in the site chooses a random banner from the ones that are good?? 8)
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

sorry that was me....hehe
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Picking random banners in phpbb isn't easy as it uses template files. I'd have to modify phpbb directly and I don't want to do that because I'd have to update it for every version, plus there are other sites on the server that share the phpbb code...
e-shuushuu!
Aragoma

Post by Aragoma »

anonymous_object wrote:Also, since people seem to like to make banners, would anyone be interested in possibly making a banner for the main site? We currently have three, but more would be nice. If there is interest in this, I'll setup another thread for it.
I am interested
Drake

Post by Drake »

well here is my first try:
I added an outline line because I thought it be a good thing,If you want me to delete i'll do ^^
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

hmmm not bad Drake not bad at all :D
amfest

Post by amfest »

I decided I'd work my messy slap togethers while I'm half asleep and really need to go to bed since I'm on my 12 hour work schedule right now >_< and guess what . ..I goofed . . lol.

I don't know what I was thinking I recall going to do a small banner and I remember setting at least 300 width but somehow I ended up with over 600ish width -_-;;;

Sorry I'm not really good with image programs or anything so I don't know all the fancy tricks :( so heres my submission . .though it's rather long

Sorry about that :(

I really think it's time to go to bed . ..you can all laugh at mine as I sleep ;)
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

Fettgans wrote:You should try Pixia and Gimp but personally I don't like them :lol:
Thanks Fettgans... Im gonna give one of em a try
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Pretty cool forum and nice header/banner suggestions you guys created!

Maybe I can try and create something too, just for fun. :)
Drake

Post by Drake »

I dont understand now,is the grandient blue background is obligated or not?because if it isnt,we can make better things ,and also we'll have the choose a definitiv size for the banner,because when the time to choose coms,it's a better thing to have all the pictures in the same size
I may be overdoing it,but I'm used to banner contests in my other forum,and the rules there are very stricts :p
(if you wanna a copy of them i'll make it)