We need a forum logo

Have a good idea? Let us know
amfest

Post by amfest »

gah smithy if only I had good kozue images!! . .I'd challege you and your avatar and your sig .. ..

k . . .a. ...w ...a. . .i .. i!!!!

argghhh your posts are going to be the death of me

R.I.P.

hmm I've never actually taken a look at gimp.

I bought paintshop pro 5 a long time ago .. . so I was using it for the longest time. I had gotten photoshop also but I preferred psp5s quick loading and not being bulked down with options when I was a simple graphic editing person. I've also messed with OpenCanvas because you can get the event files and rewatch how people created their images and since there is a strong manga style community for OpenCanvas w00t! When I finally got a graphics tablet it opened new doors for use of that program ;). Paintshop pro 9 got really bulky and started going to the photoshop area so I didn't like it as much . .so in the end I started using photoshop CS since if I'm going to delve into a bulky product might as well be photoshop :P but at least I have options :)

Anyhow . .I might get some good images soon as I'm delving into a 6.13GB artbook collection torrent and 7.3GB wallpapers and art torrent >_>

EDIT: okay okay!! I got bored again >_<

This should be the last one -_-;;
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I created another 295x94 sized banner, again something simple, this time featuring cute Kururu from "Bottle Fairy":

Amfest, I don't know what "Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~" images you have, but most I have were up here on E-Shuushuu, I'll see if I can add a few recent ones.

solwyvern, Drake, thanks for the positive comments on the Kozue banner. (I forgot to say so in my earlier post, sorry.) The effect under the text in that one I got while experimenting, it's actually a few light blue brush strokes -using one of the scattered flowers ones I think- with some random erasing and blurring.

I love the perfect color balance and luminosity of the characters in Fettgans' and Drake's submissions, I can never get my characters' coloring and brightness/hue to look that great...
Eichi-sama

Banner

Post by Eichi-sama »

All of it was so nice...ahh i waiting for a thread for vote.
ImageImage
Fettgans

Post by Fettgans »

Smithy wrote:I created another 295x94 sized banner, again something simple, this time featuring cute Kururu from "Bottle Fairy":

I like it but with the lens flare cut by the right border, there won't be any continuity with the gradient background, could you fix that ? I could say the same about the pentagones on solwyvern's submission which are also cut by the right border.
|[ Current projects : DoujinSuki | CF ]|
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Thanks for the tip, Fettgans! I could use every oppurtunity to learn.
pentagons? you mean the stars? I used a star brush...
:oops: I never noticed it was cut off...
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Fettgans wrote:I like it but with the lens flare cut by the right border, there won't be any continuity with the gradient background, could you fix that ?
Thanks Fettgans. Good point, very true... it'd look strange if inserted into the header like that.

ImageImage

I added 100 pixels to the right as a seperate image. Needs be it can be incorporated into the original one.
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Gah...! Darn it... I ended up doing more than I was supposed to...#-o |sorry|

I didn't do much here. (The trees and grass were all ready part of the Yotsubato image I found)
just did some minor 'editing' and slapped on the background clouds and logo.

I've been wondering... How do you guys put borders on the images? I can't seem to find it in photoshop...
amfest

Post by amfest »

like what sorta border? . . around the whole image? if it's around the whole image I Just add 2 or so pixels bigger than my orginal to a new image . .fill in color then copy and paste into new image and ta'da . ..border. >_> I'm sure there is most likely a border command but I'm too lazy to look for it :P . . .if not you can always use the line tool. or you can create a rectangle shape and use selection box to cut pieces off it to get your desired size and shape. select and copy and paste then rotate it for your desired border angle or what not. So many options so many options . . .
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Well, we've got a lot of banner submissions. I think it's time to pick one. I'll make a voting thread soon :D
e-shuushuu!
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

OH NO! ...meister
Am I too late to submit mine? And it's my VERY FIRST try at making a banner...!!! Please add to the poll please please... I probably won't win but it's the feeling of accomplishment that counts... :wink:

It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
reata

Post by reata »

it's a nice banner u have there but i think u r to slow.....but it's really a nice banner^^ from canvas.....right?
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

NOOOOOO... am I too late? oh well :cry:

Hey, you finally joined the forum, eh reata? Thanks for your comment, it's my first try at this. I used Pixia freeware like amfest suggested. You should make one, reata, just for fun! \:D/

edit* YAAY, sad to happy in just a few minutes! My banner's in! :P
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!