Suggestions for making this AWEsome Forum even better!

Have a good idea? Let us know
test

Suggestions for making this AWEsome Forum even better!

Post by test »

Hi, it's me. I would like to make a suggestion/idea for this new forum

"I would like subsections for Topics:
Announcements, General Chat, Anime series, Anime/Manga Fan Art, Anime-Ettchi/Hentai/Yaoi/Yuri {*maybe u dont want this one}, Manga, Video Games, Jpop/Anime Soundtracks/AMVs, Japanese Language/Culture"

I like how animenation puts small descriptions under each topic too:
www.animenation.net/forums/

Thanks for listening.

BTW very awesome AniJ and AnonObj to make this forum idea come true, and sooo quickly too!

GO e-SHUU-SHUU!
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

OOp the Anonymous Bakayaro is me...
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Drake

Post by Drake »

well before making suggestions we need a suggestion section \o/ (logic no? :p)
let's call it the "idea box" so anyone can add his idea to improve this forum,and in case of misunderstanding,we'll make a poll so we can choose the best thing
amfest

Post by amfest »

I personally think we should wait for all those subsections. I mean it's best to see how many posts the forum gets first and if it gets many of a certain topic and everything is scrolling off to other pages (like image batch posts :P) then a subsection should be created for most common topics. I've seen too many forums put a whole load of subsections that just make it look ugly and dead. If anything there should maybe be 3 subsections for general, anime/manga, and finally maybe an Image/art chat.
Juugo

Post by Juugo »

>.<
Haha a hentai section.
I wonder if that will cause any problems
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Actually, I probably won't add a bunch of general sections. I've learned from kawaii-radio that doing that is inviting trouble. I'd rather keep this forum system related to the image board...
An anime and/or manga section will probably be ok, but no general chat section... :roll:
e-shuushuu!
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

we should try to keep sections as significant as posssible.
so we don't get a lot of spam and a lot of no sense talk.
I hate big forums where the topics are always,
"who is your fav...." or "what do you like most...."
amfest

Post by amfest »

hah solwyvern that's going to happen regardless just like a user posting small google images on the image board. But I guess if the general area doesn't exist it might not happen as much but in alot of cases people will do it anyhow >_>.
test

Post by test »

agree w/ amfest. Topics are gonna be all over the place. Since in the image board we don't want 'off-topic' conversations taking place, there's gonna be a TON of that going on in THIS forum (maybe not a ton, a 1/4 of a ton ;). So we are definitely gonna need some kind of organization...
you can always add more subtopics when the need arises anyways...
Whatcha guys think, Mods?
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

aaaargh :x
me not logged in AGAIN sorry :(
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
Eichi-sama

hmmm...

Post by Eichi-sama »

hmmmm
ImageImage
Kagemaru

Re: hmmm...

Post by Kagemaru »

Eichi-sama wrote:hmmmm
I dub thee: most un-important post on the forum yet! XD

Yay! Forum! ^___^
I agree with Solwyvern by the way. Summing-up topics like those he mentioned are becoming quite annoying on the bigger anime forums and well, we can have a lotta discussion without those kinda topics. ^^

*decorates the forum with some nice pink curtains, flowers in all kinda colors and comfy cushions* There. ^______^
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

And those one liners will be the death of this forum. Over all i think 2 or 3 sections work, General chat sections are just another name for "its ok to spam here and get my post number up because it says general" section. Although this may not always be the case, depending on the number of "active" members, we get should determine the sections. I dont doubt many a n00b will register to spam or ask "1" question to reply to "a" topic they thought was interesting and then run away. Over all i like one big section with everything, makes the forum feel "homey" lol. That and well if we could restrict registering to people with common sence as well, but maybe im just too cynical right now. Blah, Oyasumi.

If i misspelled something, or for got an "s" at the end of my sentance or it just doesnt make sence, Blame japanese grammar. I almost failed my writing proficiencys thats to that crap. lol

One last thing, i would like to know if there is going to be a banner size restriction, i have banners ranging from all sizes, but i usually like to use my big old 700x200 pix ones. heh
Fettgans

Post by Fettgans »

'Guests' shouldn't be able to post and there should be some policies for posts and signatures (i.e no more than 150k for a banner)...
anonymous_object wrote:I'd rather keep this forum system related to the image board...
So I think we should at least have an 'E-shuushuu.net related' topic (with Announcements and Rules) and an 'Image/art' topic (with a post for images requests).
|[ Current projects : DoujinSuki | CF ]|
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

I might agree with the image requests. Some of us have been fulfilling some of these requests at the image board anyway... >_> → -_-'
so it's like a give and take.