Suggestions for making this AWEsome Forum even better!

Have a good idea? Let us know
amfest

Post by amfest »

onomeister wrote:OOH, the ban is the link back to Imageboard? DuH me... :?
Yea I asked since I know that it's the easiest thing to add/edit
amfest

Post by amfest »

I think it's great that guests can't post anymore on this forum but I've also noticed, haven't checked with all topics yet, that guests don't have view rights on topics. So if we hold a poll for a certain feature of shuu shuu it wouldnt' be fair if people don't even know it's running due to t he fact that they haven't joined the forum though they might try and look. It'd encourage more people to join and place their opinion to help shuu shuu mature along.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Probably a good idea... updated permissions to allow guests read access in the forums.
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Mhh since it's done on a lot of forums and hence no one may feel the need or see any positive element in doing it here too... I'll first ask around to see what everyone's opinion is.

What would you think about a thread where you post a link to an image or a screenshot of your desktop? You could say where you found a particular wallpaper, or what type of wallpaper you like. Why you use that certain OS or style/icons.
And perhaps not all, but why not include a photo of your desk so we get to see from where you actually access and visit E-shuushuu (the person doesn't need to be in the photo). Could be cool.

Edit: Since no one has objected -yet- I'll go ahead and create a thread/topic for this in the general section.
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

I was thinking if it was possible to add a new tag for the posts.

The "hide" tag is kind of usfull. You can use it to hide spoilers to an anime episode that just aired OR even to hide too large images. This will prevent the forum page to be made larger to display an oversized image. It's even possible to give them other names when using them:

Code: Select all

[hide]write spoilers here[/hide]

[hide=View large images][img]link to the image comes here[/img][/hide]
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Here at shuushuu forums, we have a very unique way of using spoiler tags.

We use colors! :P

by implementing the color tag in between the spoiler

[color=#abc5e2] [/color]
or
[color=#92b6d8] [/color] 
here's what you get: (highlight to read)
→ THIS IS A SPOILER!â†
Fettgans

Post by Fettgans »

I haven't found the post back but I think amfest came up with something better like :

[quote="Spoiler"][color=white]Spoiler here[/color][/quote]
Result :
Spoiler wrote:Spoiler here
|[ Current projects : DoujinSuki | CF ]|
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

perfect :D
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

That still doesn't solve the question when someone uploads an image that is too large for proper display on the forum. It gets really annoying after a while.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

My unofficial policy is to not mod phpbb. I don't like going through the php and adding mods manually and that also breaks my automatic updating. Plus, I don't consider this forum system a real priority at all. The image board is shuushuu's main focus.
So, at least for now, the white on white method will work. And for large images, oh well =P
e-shuushuu!
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

For large images, it is highly recommended to use an image hosting site that provides thumbnails, it's just that, not everyone uses it. :?

Really, e-shuushuu forums has no more than 30+ active members, even though the members list says 100+.
Rimu-Ch4n
Location: That country with the Tulips and Dykes and Windmills next to Germany ^_^

Post by Rimu-Ch4n »

well, it's like that on most forums. A lot of people subscribe, make 1 or 2 posts (or none) and disappear :(
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

Rimu-Ch4n wrote:well, it's like that on most forums. A lot of people subscribe, make 1 or 2 posts (or none) and disappear :(
yea i never understood that :/
amfest

Post by amfest »

Anony, are you going to make the filesize upload on the image board a larger size? I've started to post images again recently and have been stopped on quite a few occassions cause my 7.4mb image or something is too large :( though it's a real downer when it's only 4.2mb and gets denied :(

I was also wondering . .how the tags fill in by letter and such . is there anyway we can have a sorta similar system for titles for sources. Sorta like the fill in the blank things that Browsers have . .the system will remember the most widely used titles so as I type in more letters it gets specific. It could help in keeping titles written more commonly like instead of a mixutre of fate/stay night, fate stay night, fate-stay night, F.S.N. fate stay . .there could pop up the most commonly used one so we don't have all these multiple versions of the same title.

Also maybe switchign the source above the characters line so when you enter in the source it sets it up so you can bring up the characters names entered in for that series. Don't know how well that is possible but if it could work it was be pure awesomeness . . . sometimes it's hard to remember everyones names so if I can click i the blank and it brings down a list of names from the series I entered above it would help greatly.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

amfest wrote:Anony, are you going to make the filesize upload on the image board a larger size? I've started to post images again recently and have been stopped on quite a few occassions cause my 7.4mb image or something is too large :( though it's a real downer when it's only 4.2mb and gets denied :(
Shuushuu isn't really designed to hold archive quality images scanned straight from artbooks or whatnot. 4MB allows for some pretty large images anyway. If you have a 10000x6000 image or the like, it would probably be best if you did resize before uploading anyway.
amfest wrote:I was also wondering . .how the tags fill in by letter and such . is there anyway we can have a sorta similar system for titles for sources. Sorta like the fill in the blank things that Browsers have . .the system will remember the most widely used titles so as I type in more letters it gets specific. It could help in keeping titles written more commonly like instead of a mixutre of fate/stay night, fate stay night, fate-stay night, F.S.N. fate stay . .there could pop up the most commonly used one so we don't have all these multiple versions of the same title.

Also maybe switchign the source above the characters line so when you enter in the source it sets it up so you can bring up the characters names entered in for that series. Don't know how well that is possible but if it could work it was be pure awesomeness . . . sometimes it's hard to remember everyones names so if I can click i the blank and it brings down a list of names from the series I entered above it would help greatly.
Short answer, no... =P
Longer answer... that would require a major overhaul of the site code and database kind of like the tagging system did. I spent weeks developing the tag system and it still has many problems to be worked out. I've been thinking about just moving all image meta data to tags, but I'm not ready for that either. In the long run, something like that probably will happen but not anytime soon.
e-shuushuu!