Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Gardenia wrote:No worries. : ) I understand. It's just that it might be as controversial as the gothic tag is for all lolita fashion since you may have to define what sweet or otherwise lolita fashion is. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense, but anyhow, I am all for the tag if it doesn't cause such problems.
Well, yeah. That may be a problem. So, would be better to just create a broad "lolita (fasion)" tag or have individual "sweet lolita (fasion)", "punk lolita (fashion)", etc tags? While either way would just be for a trial, if it's possible for this to suceed, I would like to approch it in the best way. What do you think?
e-shuushuu!
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

anonymous_object wrote: Well, yeah. That may be a problem. So, would be better to just create a broad "lolita (fasion)" tag or have individual "sweet lolita (fasion)", "punk lolita (fashion)", etc tags? While either way would just be for a trial, if it's possible for this to suceed, I would like to approch it in the best way. What do you think?
Hm. Personally, I'd love a broad fashion tag since it's easiest to distinguish out of the options. Having to pick out what is sweet, punk, gothic, country, wa-loli, hime-loli, ect ect.... That doesn't sound fun for the users. Only problem is that those who do not know the fashion would have to rely on the tag description, so it boils down to how do you define it? A frilly dress? There are many of those, but don't categorize as actual lolita. Hm...this is a tough one. Maybe "dresses inspired by or possess Victorian design elements"? This still may not be enough, but I am trying to keep it simple so people will understand without a pargraph having to be written about it.
Ran

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by Ran »

I changed the "Angel Dust" tag to "Angel/Dust" since there is another manga title "Angel Dust" by a different artist. Also, should we add an "Angel/Dust Neo" tag since it incorporates completely different characters?
BakaNeko

Post by BakaNeko »

We need to add in a calender tag because there are a lot of images now that are calender-ish.
Merun

Post by Merun »

About calendar, I remember somewhere we said no because, calendar isn't much of use ( I don't remember exactly the reason). But personally I think it's good to search for repost. If someone post a calendar, we can just search with that tag. However another problem will be that these calendar can get cropped, or the text can get cleaned meaning... no calendar tag on the pic.
Merun @ Twitter
iFluff

Post by iFluff »

I think we should have a "bun" or "odango" tag (has in, the hairstyle).

I decide to suggest the word odango because a lot of fans use the word for buns, based on Sailor Moon when Mamoru called Usagi it to tease her about her haitstyle.
tsukiko

Post by tsukiko »

While the odango hairstyle IS popular ( Personally I feel it has as much warrant as pony tail and twin tails) The only issue I see is there are many varients of this hairstyle, which may lead to confusion

Double buns- Like Miaka of Fushigi Yuugi

Buns and pigtails- Like Usagi from Sailor moon

Buns with the rest of the hair down.. ^^; I'm sure there are more variants as well.
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

How about we make it a bit easier and just use the tag if any variant of the odango/bun hairstyle is featured in the image, thus eliminating the discussion and possibilities of creating further tags for that hairstyle?
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
tsukiko

Post by tsukiko »

Sounds like a good idea to me~
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Also: I strongly suggest retagging all "Kanon 2006" images with just "Kanon" and deleting the "Kanon 2006" tag, it's redundant as there are no new characters in the 2006 version of Kanon. And I don't think the better quality matters when tagging images with sources, right? XD
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Kagemaru wrote:Also: I strongly suggest retagging all "Kanon 2006" images with just "Kanon" and deleting the "Kanon 2006" tag, it's redundant as there are no new characters in the 2006 version of Kanon. And I don't think the better quality matters when tagging images with sources, right? XD
I fully agree with this.
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Images retagged by Merun and Kanon 2006 tag deleted.
Starra

Post by Starra »

How about a "peace" or "V" tag? Since I've seen quite a few images with characters flashing the peace sign but there's no tag. Or not, I don't know.
Reverie

Post by Reverie »

I'll suggest some tags too, so:
"candle", "tie" (or "necktie") and maybe "camera" tags.
oh, and "fruits" tag maybe too. Because there are quite a bunch of images with strawberries and stuff in it.

And I was wondering about the "Aria" source tags.. do we really need 6 tags for it? x_x
Throw away your feelings.. and give them to me.
Merun

Post by Merun »

For the Aria tag, you should read this topic Reverie-chan.. it's still being discussed:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=898 ( tag team member only )
Merun @ Twitter