Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
AngelLily

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by AngelLily »

Fading hair is too abstract for my tastes. Nail polish and make up are a bit too "detailish". I'm not too fond of the idea, but at the same time, it *could* work. Still, it's too much detail...

I dislike any sort of expression tags, I don't even agree with the ones we have up, so I'm not going to comment on the "xD" tag.

I think the "drunk" tag would imply images that are not really advised to be posted here, and would lead to trouble.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I agree with Lily, I'm still confused why we have a ^_^ tag...

Also, nail polish and make up... for my point of view nail plolish is make up.
[Signature space. $10]
Galatea

Post by Galatea »

I'd propose some tags I've seen a lack of.
For example, we have a "mahou shojo" tag, but I'd prefer to have a "magician" tag, as well as a "wand" one, and a general "magic" one.

Tags for actions. "Jumping", "Running", "Fight (I see this better than "fighting") etcetera.

Tags for elements: Wind, Fire, Ice... you know we already have "Water".

Also, a "scenic/scenery" tag. some images don't focus much on the characters in it but they have great backgrounds, so I'd like to see them grouped.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

I don't think the element tags nor the action tags are quite smart. Ye we do have a water tag but everyone that's on the ground needs to have "standing" and "Earth" tag. And if we even add a Heart tag we can summon Captain Obvious or Captain Planet..

Anyhow, the scenery tag is a good idea, as is the magic tag. Though wand (or staff) should be a child tag of the "Weapon" tag.
[Signature space. $10]
Galatea

Post by Galatea »

Not saying that everyone standing on the ground need a earth tag, nor that you should add ALL the elements because some of that probably would be difficult to use. But I've seen a lot of images with prominent flames, or simply fire, so I think it would be better to group them up.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Nail polish is detail and not that prominent. It shouldn't be a tag. Same for makeup.

Scenic tag is too subjective. At which point should we consider an image to be scenic? There is no universal ratio character/scenic/quality that dictate such.

As for the element, only fire and ice since they are solid, visible, and not omnipresent.

I'm reserved for the actions, since we deals with image and not really animation.

Magic, wand should be ok
Merun @ Twitter
Andell

Post by Andell »

As it doesn't seem to have been noticed on the last page, I'll try once more. A "cloak" or "cape" tag would be appropriate, I think.
YukimiTsuki 966

Post by YukimiTsuki 966 »

Nice to meet you.
I'am YukimiTsuki 966.

It was heard that it only had to contribute here to increase Tag of e-shuushuu.

There is a thing that asks you.
Could you add the following Tag?

Source Tag:Galaxy Express 999
Artist Tag:Leiji Matsumoto
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Sure, created the source tag "Galaxy Express 999" and artist tag "Matsumoto Leiji".
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

cloak, wand, fire, ice, scenic tags added.
e-shuushuu!
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Regarding the seifuku tag, a common mantra involves saying that skirt and seifuku are not needed in the same list. Makes sense, since, with very few exceptions, seifuku involve skirts.

Problem is, they aren't related as child or parent tags, meaning that a search for Skirt completely ignores seifuku.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Merun

Post by Merun »

Quenlin wrote:Regarding the seifuku tag, a common mantra involves saying that skirt and seifuku are not needed in the same list. Makes sense, since, with very few exceptions, seifuku involve skirts.

Problem is, they aren't related as child or parent tags, meaning that a search for Skirt completely ignores seifuku.
It was meant to be said by Ran but I will just ninja him :D

Counter example: Strike Witches, which is a rather big exception.
Merun @ Twitter
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Merun wrote:
Quenlin wrote:Regarding the seifuku tag, a common mantra involves saying that skirt and seifuku are not needed in the same list. Makes sense, since, with very few exceptions, seifuku involve skirts.

Well unless I'm misreading it, that sounds like a supportive argument for what Quenlin's saying. It sounds as though he's saying that seifuku and skirt are not related by code, but the standard practice is that use of the seifuku tag generally has meant that the skirt tag was not needed when tagging the image.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

You can always search "skirt" and "Seifuku" at the same time to get -all- the skirt images, seifukus too.

Though personally, I would like to tag an image with a seifuku in it with either "seifuku" and "skirt" or "Seifuku" and "Dress" so that I can find images of seifukus that are skirts vs. those that are dresses. Or we simply use "Seifuku" for skirt seifukus and not use it for dresses at all...or we tag a skirt seifuku with just seifuku and a dress seifuku with "seifuku" and "dress".
Merun

Post by Merun »

wrexness wrote:
Merun wrote:

Well unless I'm misreading it, that sounds like a supportive argument for what Quenlin's saying. It sounds as though he's saying that seifuku and skirt are not related by code, but the standard practice is that use of the seifuku tag generally has meant that the skirt tag was not needed when tagging the image.
Unless I'm also misreading, his point is that skirt aren't child nor parent tag of seifuku. He said that seifuku are mostly made of two parts, top and skirt which is false. Strike Witches is the best example we have since there is... well.. no bottom part. Aside of this, as Niney pointed, it can be a one part type seifuku, like a dress.

Niney's solution seems good to me but it will need some massive backtracking through images.
Merun @ Twitter