Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
neko_nekogami

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by neko_nekogami »

Or rather than just "skull" there could be a "bone" tag which could include skulls.
I think an "orange hair" tag would be great. It's sometimes difficult when tagging something to decide whether to use "blonde hair" or "red hair" and I think an "orange hair" tag would make it a bit easier.
We are currently in need of a lot of characters canon or original! Stop by to see what canons are available or create your own character!
Yuka-Chan

Post by Yuka-Chan »

Yeah i agree,i really think we should have "orange hair" tag.
‎A moment of beauty Still it remains only a memory
A stunning artifact of the past The one, the true, the last
Did I have to trust you?
Truly and madly and blindly
Merun

Post by Merun »

Skull or bone might have some morbid connotation. Moreover the number of image which are actually relevant is quite low.

As for orange hair, by experience, they fall quite a lot in brown hair meaning we have a problem with those color perception.
Merun @ Twitter
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

How about a Tarot tag for images depicting tarot cards or tarot-inspired designs? Pretty self-explanatory, and we have a nice handful of them on the imageboard.
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
neko_nekogami

Post by neko_nekogami »

We are currently in need of a lot of characters canon or original! Stop by to see what canons are available or create your own character!
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Meh, I don't think there's that much of a need to differentiate between bows like that and ribbons. And then you get to the dilemma of "is this more of a bow or a ribbon?"
I think tarot would only cover a very small amount of images on the board...
Orange hair is too close to red, brown, and yellow to really be a tag. Too much of a challenge choosing which one to use.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Yeah, we already have a "card" tag which I believe is already applied to all of the tarot card type images. Not sure if we need such a specific subset below that ^^;

As for bows, I think the ribbon tag could be applied. Bows are ribbons, right? :)
e-shuushuu!
Yukino_Asakura

Post by Yukino_Asakura »

what about a "crown" tag? Many lolita/gothic outfits have crowns but really they can't fall under the "hime" tag. Also some characters (i.e: Maria Ushirmoya from Umineko) uses a crown and don't looks like a hime at all...
Merun

Post by Merun »

"Crown" tag would work, but we need to define a little bit more the "Hime" one like what dress and other accessories.

I didn't even know we had a "card" tag ^^;
Merun @ Twitter
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

Merun wrote:"Crown" tag would work, but we need to define a little bit more the "Hime" one like what dress and other accessories.

I thought hime tag is to be assumed for images with crowns though? The tag is exclusively for that and other indications (such as sceptors or headdresses with jewels). I've seen many people who use it for princesses without such though. I'd like to remind everyone that they should only tag what they see, not what is implied. This has been happening a whole lot with the hime tag lately. (Been trying to fix it, but it's quite the handful.) Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon is a good example. She is a princess, but I have never seen her wear a crown or anything that implies she is a princess. These are images that should not have the hime tag as far as I understand.
Galatea

Post by Galatea »

It may have been overlooked, but I got no response on my suggestion to add "leaves" (or "falling leaves") as a tag =p
Merun

Post by Merun »

Gardenia wrote:
Merun wrote:"Crown" tag would work, but we need to define a little bit more the "Hime" one like what dress and other accessories.

I thought hime tag is to be assumed for images with crowns though? The tag is exclusively for that and other indications (such as sceptors or headdresses with jewels). I've seen many people who use it for princesses without such though. I'd like to remind everyone that they should only tag what they see, not what is implied. This has been happening a whole lot with the hime tag lately. (Been trying to fix it, but it's quite the handful.) Princess Serenity from Sailor Moon is a good example. She is a princess, but I have never seen her wear a crown or anything that implies she is a princess. These are images that should not have the hime tag as far as I understand.

Indeed they shouldn't. If the tag take into account sceptors and whatever, well it could remain like it's, but the tag name should be changed IMO, like "royalty" .

"Falling leave" is a lot better than "leaves", we already have the latter covered with "tree".
Merun @ Twitter
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

If we did a "leaves" tag we could include that it's not for trees in the description. Or make it a child of "tree".

I use the "hime" tag for any image with a crown, even if they don't look like a princess per se...though the really non-hime type ones could get hat...I don't think we need a "crown" tag.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

What about autumn time pictures where trees do not have leaves? Or pine trees which never have leaves? Or images that show falling leaves, but no trees are visible? Though the correlation between the two would be strong, there are too many occasions where "leaves" would be independent from trees.

As for "falling leaves", this makes it vague as it relates to images with leaves on the ground, but no currently falling leaves are being shown.
Merun

Post by Merun »

wrexness wrote:What about autumn time pictures where trees do not have leaves? Or pine trees which never have leaves? Or images that show falling leaves, but no trees are visible? Though the correlation between the two would be strong, there are too many occasions where "leaves" would be independent from trees.

As for "falling leaves", this makes it vague as it relates to images with leaves on the ground, but no currently falling leaves are being shown.
That's why we have an "autumn" or "winter" tag which from my search, fit enough these cases. If we have no tree visible, then no need to have a "tree" tag, just "falling leaves", and I really don't think that "falling leaves" refers to leaves already on the ground. And when you see a pack of leaves, but not falling, then it's a "tree".

The point is we don't need a tag to describe a tree, be it with leaves or not. Falling leaves on the other hand can be useful since aside of autumn, there are other season when they can fall.
Merun @ Twitter