Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
tsukiko

Post by tsukiko »

Pants/Shorts- agreed with. XD Some of us like sporty girls

Odango- maay work, it is a fairly popular hair style

Orange Hair: Red hair and orange hair are the same thing. I knew quite a few "carrot tops" back in school and they all refered to themselves as "red heads"

Nezumi mimi- Are too rare, IMO

Sunglasses/shades- Most would say fall under the catagory of glasses

Albino- hmm no opinion on this one. I love albinos as well, but all the same.. *shrug*

doll- We have this tag already

^^- Isn't this a smile? We have a smile tag

:3- May be cute, we have a >_< tag. I guess it would depend on how many images it could be applied too.

Family- sounds cute to me..

Heke- No opinion
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Re: Tag Suggestions

Post by anonymous_object »

"pants/shorts" - I think it's a valid suggestion. We have various dress/skirt tags so this could also be available.
"odango" - Too obscure, I think
"orange hair" - I don't think it's necessary and may be difficult to distinguish at times.
"nezumi mimi" - Valid, but probably should be an alias of "mouse ears"
"sunglasses/shades" - Valid, as a child tag of "glasses"
"albino" - Valid
"doll" - Does already exist
"^^" - Hmmmm, I think this look is less common than >_<, but not harm in adding it.
":3" - Valid
"family" - Valid
"heke?" - Huh? =P

Added:
"pants", "shorts", "mouse ears", "nezumi mimi" (as alias of "mouse ears"), "sunglasses" (child of "glasses"), "albino", "^^", ":3", "family"
e-shuushuu!
softfang

One More Tag Suggestion~

Post by softfang »

"XD" - XD expressions... Like that one Wanko to Kurasou picture with that inu mimi dressed as a maid...and in the background her owner/mistress is squealing with an XD face. :P

I can't think of any others...~_~;
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

anonymous_object wrote:
Added:
"pants", "shorts", "mouse ears", "nezumi mimi" (as alias of "mouse ears"), "sunglasses" (child of "glasses"), "albino", "^^", ":3", "family"
I LOVE YOU!!
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
Ran

Post by Ran »

Quenlin wrote:I LOVE YOU!!
Me-thinks you should be actually thanking softfang since she's the one who recommended the tag. :wink:
Quenlin

Post by Quenlin »

Ran wrote:
Quenlin wrote:I LOVE YOU!!
Me-thinks you should be actually thanking softfang since she's the one who recommended the tag. :wink:
Who said I was thanking Anony?
Disabled for, and I can't believe I'm saying this, inappropriate use of a bus. - Ran
Yeah, but she's cute, whereas the kids from Code LYOKO are a sniper's dream come true. -RdMarquis
tsukiko

Re: One More Tag Suggestion~

Post by tsukiko »

softfang wrote:"XD" - XD expressions... Like that one Wanko to Kurasou picture with that inu mimi dressed as a maid...and in the background her owner/mistress is squealing with an XD face. :P

I can't think of any others...~_~;
Actually, we cover XD with >_< as well ^^

And~ I will be going through Shuushuu and bookmarking pants and shorts images to send to the tagging team ^^ Might make things a bit easier on them.

Question oo Should we only include images where a girl is wearing shorts or pants?
Ran

Post by Ran »

anonymous_object wrote:"^^" - Hmmmm, I think this look is less common than >_<, but not harm in adding it.
The "^_^" face is just a Japanese styled emoticon for smiling. Considering that we already have a "smile" tag, I think this one is pretty useless. There are hardly any images with the actual "^_^" face anyway. :?
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I'm inclined to agree with Ran. It seems rather pointless to me.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I think that the "albino" tag is too much. We already have a "white hair" tag ( and even a grey >_< ) and albino means adding red eyes. First it's really specific, and eyes color tag are a no no for me, and I believe the major party of the tag team and mod team.
Merun @ Twitter
anonymous_object
Site Admin

There are some images that have a distinct look that matches the "^_^" tag. As for albino, while we do have the hair color tags, we don't have the red eye tag. Also, albino is a special combination of hair and eye color and I think it deserves it own tag.
e-shuushuu!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anonymous_object wrote:There are some images that have a distinct look that matches the "^_^" tag.
You're not following me Anony. The "^_^" face is just a smile. That's it. It also just so happens to be that we already have a "smile" tag. Are you going to implement a (^_~) tag as well even though we have a "wink" tag? It makes no sense. :?:

We're seriously beginning to go overboard with tags and the system is going to fall on it's face. It's going to be just like we predicted when we said that we wouldn't allow this to happen. Remember the age-old KISS rule.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Ran wrote:All 2 of them it seems. lol

http://e-shuushuu.net/search.php?mode=search&tags=1002
Ummm, because they haven't been tagged yet? lol?
Ran wrote:Seriously though, that tag makes about as much sense as adding a (~_~), (^_~), :D, XP, XD, (@_@), or other equally useless tags.

We're seriously beginning to go overboard with tags and the system is going to fall on it's face. It's going to be just like we predicted when we said that we wouldn't allow this to happen. Remember the age-old KISS rule.

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid
Extreme exaggeration? The reason previous tags were rejected because they were too obscure for the average user to recognize and use. However, the ^^ look is quite distinguishable and, while not commonplace, I believe occurs often enough to get a tag. Among facial expressions, "XD" and "^^" are among the most popular "alternative" expressions. The tag system is in no danger of collapsing, you're just flailing, IMO.
e-shuushuu!
Ran

Post by Ran »

anonymous_object wrote:The tag system is in no danger of collapsing, you're just flailing, IMO.
At least I don't flail alone. 8)
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I suggested caution and moderation in adding many specific tags a few times before. While specific tags can help in finding specific images, it might be wise to ensure that we can still see the forest through the trees.