Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

As far as I see it, the mods are like the elders of the board. They've been given the positions by Anony himself because he believes they can get the job done. If they believe a tag wouldn't work they might voice it, but they aren't saying that nobody else cannot have a word in it. And as far as I've seen there is a logical explaination of why said tag would not work if indeed it didn't. The tagging team also has experience in the field because we tag and we have A LOT to tag so we've seen a lot of images and know that some tags are just kind of silly without the abundance of said tag, or perhaps it's too specific for it to be legit. But I do agree. I think it's nice for everyone to voice their opinion and in no way am I trying to discourage this. I just think that even with the mod or tagger opinion, everyone is still free to chip in. However, I haven't seen anyone say it wouldn't work without reason.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Tsukiko, I think you're unfairly putting responsability of certain tag suggestions not getting reactions or opinions by other shuushuu members with the moderators. I any shuushuu member has an opnion about a certain tag suggestion and they don't voice it, it's their own responsability and fault, not that of the moderators.
kawaii-star

Post by kawaii-star »

Could I suggest a "hair band" tag? I've passed by lots of images with characters wearing hair bands.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

kawaii-star wrote:Could I suggest a "hair band" tag? I've passed by lots of images with characters wearing hair bands.
Hmmm, I think hairbands are different enough from hair ribbons to warrant a separate tag. Also, the ribbon tag applies to non-hair ribbons so that makes this even more legitimate, I think.
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I previously tagged hairbands as ribbons, but I reckon a hair band tag is a good idea since it's more accurate and correct.
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

Gardenia wrote:As far as I see it, the mods are like the elders of the board. They've been given the positions by Anony himself because he believes they can get the job done...
Smithy wrote:Tsukiko, I think you're unfairly putting responsability of certain tag suggestions not getting reactions or opinions by other shuushuu members with the moderators. I any shuushuu member has an opnion about a certain tag suggestion and they don't voice it, it's their own responsability and fault, not that of the moderators.
I think Gardenia has hit on the reason why people may feel less compelled to speak up after a mod has made his or her opinion heard. As with any forum I've been on, the mods and other members of authority have not only a tangible power (like deleting posts, et al), but there seems to be an intangible influence as well. That is, the feeling that "It came from a mod, one of Anony's proxies, so that must be the way he feels, so why bother?"

Let me follow that up by saying I agree with Smithy's sentiment that it's on the user if they remain silent, and the mods here have been absolutely wonderful about accepting input even if they don't agree with the person's opinion (you've been the best about it, in fact), but the simple truth is that it's the kinda feeling that's been instilled in many users throughout the interwebs.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

wrexness wrote:...but the simple truth is that it's the kinda feeling that's been instilled in many users throughout the interwebs.
I can fathom that but then it's still that person/member who's not outspoken or assertive enough to voice his/her opinion (in a correct and polite manner) his/her own responsability.
Everyone is free to voice his/her opinions and suggestions, as long as it's done in a correct, polite and respectful manner, the same goes for replies (be it by members or moderators).
Ran

Post by Ran »

anonymous_object wrote:Tags do not have to have to dozens of images to be valid. In fact, that's what makes having some tags valuable... to find a select few images based on a particular theme. A tattoo tag is completely valid and we should have one.
While there's some truth to your post, you have to consider the negative effects of adding a tag for everything under the sun. If we keep it up then we're just going to become another Danbooru.
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Ran wrote:
anonymous_object wrote:Tags do not have to have to dozens of images to be valid. In fact, that's what makes having some tags valuable... to find a select few images based on a particular theme. A tattoo tag is completely valid and we should have one.
While there's some truth to your post, you have to consider the negative effects of adding a tag for everything under the sun. If we keep it up then we're just going to become another Danbooru.
I don't see the reasoning for your recent opposition to creating new tags... Well, you're welcome to your opinion, but we're moving forward. This is how tags are to be treated. If there is a unique theme apparent across multiple images, then it will get a tag. That is how I intended for the tag system to work from the beginning and that is how it will be.
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

How about a cardigan tag? (Like for characters such as Kyonko and Yuki?)
Though that might spawn too many other cloth tags...
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Ok... well, I had to look that up for an exact definition >_<
Maybe it's just me though XD
e-shuushuu!
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

anonymous_object wrote:Ok... well, I had to look that up for an exact definition >_<
Maybe it's just me though XD
*comes back from google* ... what? I'm not good with clothes like that either. XD
tsukiko

Post by tsukiko »

A cardigan is a type of sweater/jumper (commonwealth english) that ties, buttons or zips down the front

Or so says wikipedia XD
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

I guess cardigan would be too obscure then, sorry.
tsukiko

Post by tsukiko »

suggestion~

Armor. True that we have a "warrior" tag, but that seems to encompass "any cute tough looking girl carrying a weapon of some sort" I think "armor" is prominent enough for consideration.