Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
Merun

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by Merun »

Well on IRC we decided the following basis:

Sketch for drawing with multiple stroke
Monochrome, well, one color gradient to white.
Merun @ Twitter
softfang

Post by softfang »

anonymous_object wrote:Color sketch -> http://e-shuushuu.net/images/2007-09-24-72548.jpeg
I think we should also have an "oekaki", or however it's spelled, tag. The "color sketch" doesn't look like a sketch. It looks like an oekaki thingy. >> Just my opinion though.

ALSO! More tag thoughts:

- "monochrome"
- "oekaki"
- "sarashi" (chest-wrap thingies)

...Gah! My mind is so blank. ~_~; I know there's more... I just can't think. >_<;
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Merun

Post by Merun »

An oekaki tag is totally useless since it depends of the source of the image.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oekaki

Sarashi is a bit too much of a niche tag meaning wise in my opinion. Also we have the bandage tag which can be easily applied for this one.
Merun @ Twitter
Hanabishi

Post by Hanabishi »

Hi :)

First post and already a suggestion :oops:

Would like the tag "firework" or "hanabi" because I found lots of pictures here with firework in the background and it would be nice to find more with such a tag.

Greetz
Hanabishi
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I added the "monochrome" tag. This tag will be used for all non-sketch monochrome images. Black and white shaded images would fall under "monochrome".

As for sketches, all of them (color or not) should be tagged with only "sketch".

Edit: Also added "hanabi" tag. Unique enough theme to get its own tag.
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

anonymous_object wrote:As for sketches, all of them (color or not) should be tagged with only "sketch".
So sketches must not contain any other tags like e.g. the "long hair" tag if it has a character with long hair?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

Smithy wrote:
anonymous_object wrote:As for sketches, all of them (color or not) should be tagged with only "sketch".
So sketches must not contain any other tags like e.g. the "long hair" tag if it has a character with long hair?
No, I meant sketches should only have "sketch", not "sketch" and "monochrome". All other tags should be applied as usual.
e-shuushuu!
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Ok, I understand now, the "sketch" and "monochrome" tag can not be applied to one and the same image, it's either one of them or none of them.
Ran

Post by Ran »

How do you guys feel about a "backpack" tag?
Lio Tsuki

Post by Lio Tsuki »

Ran wrote:How do you guys feel about a "backpack" tag?
Well, it would probably come in handy, since there are a fair few of girls that wear backpacks. But then, I think, what would happen with the shoulder-bags? Would we tag those as "backpack" too? Well, we'd probably figure it out if any problems came up with it. I support the idea.
Little Miss Morbid
sig by Sekai <3
Ran

Post by Ran »

Backpack is pretty specific and has a lot of image applications. Just my $.02. 8)
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well, personally I think we could extend to bag, either one tag, or 2 tag, with child / parents relation.
Merun @ Twitter
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Ran wrote:Backpack is pretty specific and has a lot of image applications.
If you use the backpack tag just specifically for a backpack, wouldn't the use of it be rather limited and not have that many image applications at all?
A more generic bag tag like Merun suggest could cover more occurences of bags and include the different types of bags (school bags, sports bags, hand bags,...).
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:
Ran wrote:Backpack is pretty specific and has a lot of image applications.
If you use the backpack tag just specifically for a backpack, wouldn't the use of it be rather limited and not have that many image applications at all?
A more generic bag tag like Merun suggest could cover more occurences of bags and include the different types of bags (school bags, sports bags, hand bags,...).
Backpack isn't any more limited than a "tattoo" or "sword" tag and has plenty of applications.

A generalized "bag" tag is frowned upon IMO because it's far too broad. The difference between a purse and a backpack are huge. If we wanted to group all images together, we wouldn't need the tags in the first place.
softfang

Post by softfang »

Ran wrote:A generalized "bag" tag is frowned upon IMO because it's far too broad. The difference between a purse and a backpack are huge. If we wanted to group all images together, we wouldn't need the tags in the first place.
I have to agree with Ran on this one. "bag" could often be mistaken for simple bags, such as purses and the like, whereas backpacks are totally different. I still think we need bag tags, just... not as simple/broad as "bag"... Although I do feel sorry for the tagging team having to go through so many tags. ^_^;;
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016