Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
Ran

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by Ran »

anonymous_object wrote:I think school bags could be mistaken for backpacks on some images since some school bags are worn as backpacks.
After thinking about it, why not just change "backpack" to "school bag" to try and encompass both? I think that would be better since they're both technically school bags and it would allow a greater flexbility with the tag while still maintaining it's specific theme.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

It would indeed encompass all types of school bags, wether carrie don the back or not and should hence fit the board more.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:It would indeed encompass all types of school bags, wether carrie don the back or not and should hence fit the board more.
Being the only feedback I've received on it, and agreeing with you, I shall implement the changes! :mrgreen:
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Due to the neverending fight against images being mistagged as 'thigh high', how would others feel about a 'zettai ryouiki' instead?

Good page for explaining 'zettai ryouiki' (slight pantsu but nothing bad overall, I think): http://www.darkmirage.com/2006/12/15/ja ... i-ryouiki/
Ran

Post by Ran »

Fuwari wrote:Due to the neverending fight against images being mistagged as 'thigh high', how would others feel about a 'zettai ryouiki' instead?

Good page for explaining 'zettai ryouiki' (slight pantsu but nothing bad overall, I think): http://www.darkmirage.com/2006/12/15/ja ... i-ryouiki/
That might not be a bad idea, since most users don't seem to know the difference between their calf and their thigh.
softfang

Post by softfang »

Ran wrote:
Fuwari wrote:Due to the neverending fight against images being mistagged as 'thigh high', how would others feel about a 'zettai ryouiki' instead?

That might not be a bad idea, since most users don't seem to know the difference between their calf and their thigh.
We COULD use a child tag, "stockings"... >_>; I've always thought of 'em as stockings, and up until recently, I didn't even realize there WAS a "thigh highs" tag. x_X; Just my opinion. ^^;
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Ran

Post by Ran »

softfang wrote:We COULD use a child tag, "stockings"... >_>; I've always thought of 'em as stockings, and up until recently, I didn't even realize there WAS a "thigh highs" tag. x_X; Just my opinion. ^^;
"Stockings" was the original tag and it was misused. We turned it into "thigh highs" to be more specific. Otherwise, people would use them for everything from knee socks to pantyhose and that was no good.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

How are people having trouble with the "thigh high" tag, it's a pretty clear and self-explaining tag: 'thigh high' so everything that goes up to thigh height, but not lower (socks) or higher (pantyhose).

If people have trouble with understanding what "thigh high" means and to which images it needs to be applied, I have little hope they'd understand "zettai ryouiki"...
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Smithy wrote:If people have trouble with understanding what "thigh high" means and to which images it needs to be applied, I have little hope they'd understand "zettai ryouiki"...
Agreed. Up to recently I didn't even have any idea as to what zettai ryouiki meant. And I think we all know how much our users read the tag descriptions.
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

Certainly, one could argue that 'zettai ryouiki' is unlikely known by the vast majority of users (in fact, it's why I never suggested one until now). But I also didn't think the users would know what heterochromia and anthropomorphism are, yet they took to them rather well. ^^

How about as an alias tag, then?
softfang

Post by softfang »

Fuwari wrote:Certainly, one could argue that 'zettai ryouiki' is unlikely known by the vast majority of users (in fact, it's why I never suggested one until now). But I also didn't think the users would know what heterochromia and anthropomorphism are, yet they took to them rather well. ^^

How about as an alias tag, then?
I like the idea of an alias tag for zettai ryouiki. Just like "glasses" turns into "megane", sooner or later, they'll catch on that "thigh highs" is "zettai ryouiki"... ^^
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I don't think "zettai ryouiki" is a good idea. It's not currently a well known phrase for non-Japanese speakers and would probably create more confusion. I say we stick with "thigh high"
e-shuushuu!
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

Fuwari wrote:But I also didn't think the users would know what heterochromia and anthropomorphism are, yet they took to them rather well. ^^
At least those are English terms, zettai ryouiki, however, is not. I also vote for keeping it simply thigh highs.
softfang

Post by softfang »

I don't think you understood what I said. >_>

Think of "glasses"... You know how when you type "glasses" as a tag and when the image is posted, it says "megane"? Or how "comic" turns into "manga" after it's uploaded? Why not have the same for "thigh highs"? We can keep that, of course, but when the image is uploaded, it will list "zettai ryouiki", therefore teaching the people to use that more often.

I think we should at least try it...

Also, with "school bag", why not have child tags like the kimono ones that were recently updated? Like...

"bag (school)"
"bag (hand)"? I think "bag (school)" would cover both backpacks and those bookbag things.

Another tag I think we should consider is "costume" for those "teddy bear suits" and other things like that. "teddy" isn't really acceptable for a costume suit, is it? I mean... originally I had always thought "teddy" was for an actual "teddy" bear. Not a body costume. x_x; I dunno. Maybe it's a weird idea. I'm just throwing stuff out there. ^^;;

I'm hoping at least one of my ideas will be taken into consideration... *Crosses fingers.*
Fuwari

Post by Fuwari »

softfang wrote:Think of "glasses"... You know how when you type "glasses" as a tag and when the image is posted, it says "megane"? Or how "comic" turns into "manga" after it's uploaded?
Well, these are the more common ones that most people know. I honestly had little hope that 'zettai ryouiki' would be accepted, as it is rather unknown by most people. Oh well, it was worth a try. Maybe if it becomes more commonly used in the future, I'll ask again. ^^