Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
neko_nekogami

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by neko_nekogami »

Fuwari wrote:
kiba_inuzuka_is_mine wrote:My opinion of the "photo" tag... it's a waste. The only photos that can be uploaded are cosplay photos, and the "cosplay" tag can only be used for photos. So it would be the exact same tag, only with a different name.
Perhaps in that sense, but I was imagining something more like this:
(Only image I had with a photo in it off the top of my head). Not sure what the person who suggested it had in mind, though.
Oh, I get it! So a picture with a photo as an object.
We are currently in need of a lot of characters canon or original! Stop by to see what canons are available or create your own character!
Merun

Post by Merun »

I suggest adding a couple of alias to "randoseru" because I really don't think that the word is widely known.... " child backpack" "backpack (child)"... I'm still against that tag..
Merun @ Twitter
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

Thoughts on a tag for Torii? To save time for those unfamiliar, its the only term I am aware of for the gates found leading to Shinto shrines.
Galatea

Post by Galatea »

I suggest to replace the "soldier" tag with "military". It would contain more possibilities, for example people dressed with higher military ranks uniforms. Also, I can't understand why soldier is a child tag of warrior...

Edit: A "traditional clothes" as a parent tag of kimonos, mikos and chinese dresses would be good, and also for traditional clothes of every other country.
Last edited by Galatea on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
mewmew_grl

Post by mewmew_grl »

how about "animal costume" tag?
Hakuryu

Post by Hakuryu »

It's been brought up before, but how about the "goggles" tag. Considering the new Vocaloid, Gumi, and quite a few of underwater images I've seen that has had them lately, I think it'd be a good tag to have.
chary_elle

Post by chary_elle »

can you put the tag "Kine in Aqua"?
he is a korean artist.
i would like to upload some of his works but couldn't because he's not in the tag.
so if you could..pls..
thanks so much.

:)
Sekai

Post by Sekai »

You can post his pictures, it's not like if there is no artist tag you can't post the pictures XD
You should just post the pictures on the board and put the artist's name in the Misc. Metadata field. Then someone will add that tag :3
Merun

Post by Merun »

Considering the amount of picture who can have it, "google" can be added imo. I also agree with "animal costume"
As for "traditional costume", hmm well yeah.

I'm not too sure myself why "soldier" is a child tag of "warrior", but "military" is quite vague since it could include "warrior" as a child tag.
Merun @ Twitter
Hakuryu

Post by Hakuryu »

Another thing that's been bugging me is the "hime" tag. Users use it for any image with a crown. I know it says princess; includes crown, scepter in the description, but it would be more accurate if a crown tag was created and set as a child of the hime tag.
Yuka-Chan

Post by Yuka-Chan »

Hakuryu wrote:Another thing that's been bugging me is the "hime" tag. Users use it for any image with a crown. I know it says princess; includes crown, scepter in the description, but it would be more accurate if a crown tag was created and set as a child of the hime tag.
Agreed, I think it will be better this way.
‎A moment of beauty Still it remains only a memory
A stunning artifact of the past The one, the true, the last
Did I have to trust you?
Truly and madly and blindly
Julia

Post by Julia »

"Original" tag, for pictures of characters that are original (i.e. don't have a source)

Eye color tags.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

jjj14 wrote:"Original" tag, for pictures of characters that are original (i.e. don't have a source)

Eye color tags.
Both have been suggested in the past. "Original" is not a good idea, since pictures with no source can still be found through a simple search with a couple of tags or by searching by artist... It'd just encourage people to not bother trying to discover the source of their picture.

Eye color tags would be insane. Hair color tags already kill the taggers, eye color just feels like unnecessary work and I feel it'd be a real example of over-tagging...
Sculd

Post by Sculd »

How, There could be a tag like this: "flying hair" :lol:
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

And what do you mean by that, exactly?
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^