Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
AngelLily

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by AngelLily »

Nine_Lives wrote:But AngelLily...you -can- exclude tags. o_O By placing a "!" in front of them. You can search for "headdress" !"maid' !"waitress" and get only the plain headdresses without maids or waitresses involved. ><
See, I thought I remembered that being implemented, but I didn't see anything in the search page mentioning it, so since my memory really, really sucks, I assumed I had dreamed it all XD

(Really.)
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

AngelLily wrote:
Nine_Lives wrote:But AngelLily...you -can- exclude tags. o_O By placing a "!" in front of them. You can search for "headdress" !"maid' !"waitress" and get only the plain headdresses without maids or waitresses involved. ><
See, I thought I remembered that being implemented, but I didn't see anything in the search page mentioning it, so since my memory really, really sucks, I assumed I had dreamed it all XD

(Really.)
That was implemented? O_O *joins Lily in poor memory club*
Gardenia

Post by Gardenia »

AngelLily wrote: I also think there's some sort of bad communication at work here?
We communicated through pm and there is no problem. ^^
softfang

Post by softfang »

I think we should have the following tags (my reasons follow them)...

"smirk" - "smile" is normally used for happy pictures. I think "smirk" could help us locate "evil" pictures, or "coy/plotting" pictures, no? And it's sort of easy to decipher between the two. I mean, look at them: smirk is slanted ( :\ ) and smile, of course, is bent ( :) )... Don't you agree?

"nervous" - It would help find pictures of girls with "sweatdrop." Just an idea, though I'm not sure if "shy" should be able to cover 'nervous' since nervousness isn't exactly the same as shyness... from my own knowledge, anyway. >_>;

"x3" or "XD" - instead of having to type both ">_<" and ":3", or ">_<" and "smile"... I think it'd be a bit easier. In my opinion.

"shin highs" - for those socks that reach just below the knee.

Anyway, those are just the ones I've been thinking on. XD; Sorry if I bug anyone for mentioning them... >_>; I know that the tag team has a LOT on their plates, but...

Just a few I think would be nice to add. :3
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

Of those, the only ones that aren't much too specific, limited in usefulness, or otherwise a nuisace, are the "shin highs" which would be better off as "knee socks". We do have a lot of knee sock type images, but I don't see a use for any of the others, especially not the face related ones. A "smile" is used for both happy and non-happy smiles...making a new tag for a different type is pointless; it doesn't even cover all of the other types of smiles.
softfang

Post by softfang »

Nine_Lives wrote:Of those, the only ones that aren't much too specific, limited in usefulness, or otherwise a nuisace, are the "shin highs" which would be better off as "knee socks". We do have a lot of knee sock type images, but I don't see a use for any of the others, especially not the face related ones. A "smile" is used for both happy and non-happy smiles...making a new tag for a different type is pointless; it doesn't even cover all of the other types of smiles.
If you say so... just trying to suggest.. ~_~;
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Galatea

Post by Galatea »

why not a "fantasy" tag, for that setting? I find hard to find that kind of pics, because there are just a few tags for the likes.. And I know we have a "warrior" tag, but an "armor" would be appreciated (by me... =P), because not only warriors wear armor ^^'. I already suggested "bow" or "archer" without any good though, so I don't think this will be different =P
Also "magic circle" would be useful. Or general "magic", I don't see how to apply to some images the "mahou shojo"...
neko_nekogami

Post by neko_nekogami »

How about just a "socks" tag? For socks that aren't thigh highs. It could count for shin highs, knee highs, ankle socks, etc.
We are currently in need of a lot of characters canon or original! Stop by to see what canons are available or create your own character!
Nana-chan

Post by Nana-chan »

Socks seems like a pretty good idea. There are a lot of images where there are girls sitting around just in socks. And if you include things below the thigh point you got quite a few images.
Yandere Lover ♥ You should run now. . .
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

"socks" seems too common to me... Just about every image of a girl with a skirt on has visible socks. That's almost like tagging images with "shoes". I think it's too common to warrant a tag. Thigh highs has its own tag because it's a fairly unique form of socks.
e-shuushuu!
Merun

Post by Merun »

I'm ok with a "magic" tag for all circle, spell, and other form of magic. As for "fantasy", this is quite vague, so no.
Merun @ Twitter
Yuka-Chan

Post by Yuka-Chan »

"pillow" tag?
‎A moment of beauty Still it remains only a memory
A stunning artifact of the past The one, the true, the last
Did I have to trust you?
Truly and madly and blindly
Hakuryu

Post by Hakuryu »

Hakuryu wrote:I just thought of raising my old "ookami mimi" (wolf ears) tag idea again. Before the issue was that is was difficult to decipher whether a character had wolf, cat, fox or dog ears, although now I'm thinking that there are plenty of image that have wolf ears that can be notably said. For example, the entire Wolf and Spice source with Horo, the Okami source with Amaterasu, and the infamous Touhou source with Momiji Inubashiri.

And people still confuse the other "mimi" tags so...well, I dunno I just wanted to put this out there again.
Nine_Lives wrote:Hmm...I don't think there should really be that much of an issue with a wolf ears tag...even now we have the same issue--we just with "animal ears" instead of "ookami mimi" XD
It's generally not that hard to tell the difference between a wolf and a dog (depending on how they're depicted). Wolves and kitsunes are different too: the tail of the wolf tends to be thinner than the kitsune.
Like Hakuryu said, I don't think having an "ookami mimi" tag would cause more of an issue than we already have with animal ears. <_<;;
Gardenia wrote: Agreed.
Throwing this idea back out there for more opinions/comments.
LilFlow

Post by LilFlow »

Yuka-Chan wrote:"pillow" tag?
I think we've had this suggestion before and it was turned down because we already have a "bed" tag.
Not entirely sure though.
Galatea

Post by Galatea »

Shouldn't "Kimono (long)/(short)" be child tags of "dress"?
I also have a question regarding this, if I don't see the actual lenght of the kimono in the image, how should I tag it?

(Also, I've been asking for ages for this "magic" tag that seemed ok, but I still haven't seen it..)