Tag Suggestion Thread

Have a good idea? Let us know
Starra

Re: Tag Suggestion Thread

Post by Starra »

Yay lolita fashion tag <333

Also added "odango" tag to all Sailor Moon images with any Tsukino in them.
Ran

Post by Ran »

I was thinking of a "recorder" tag for the little flutes that Japanese school kids carry. It could be changed to "flute" if it would be more practical. Thoughts?
softfang

Post by softfang »

Ran wrote:I was thinking of a "recorder" tag for the little flutes that Japanese school kids carry. It could be changed to "flute" if it would be more practical. Thoughts?
Maybe "instrument" would work better. But also, "music" tag qualifies too...
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Ran wrote:I was thinking of a "recorder" tag for the little flutes that Japanese school kids carry. It could be changed to "flute" if it would be more practical. Thoughts?
Would a 'music intrument' or 'instrument' tag not be better suited you think?
I'm not sure we have enough images with such instruments to validate a specific tag named after that instrument. If we do, we might as well create a 'guitar' tag too...
Ran

Post by Ran »

Smithy wrote:
Would a 'music intrument' or 'instrument' tag not be better suited you think?
I'm not sure we have enough images with such instruments to validate a specific tag named after that instrument. If we do, we might as well create a 'guitar' tag too...
Yeah, I was kinda torn on it since we already have the "music" tag which can be used. While I do think that the most prominent instrument tags would be "recorder" and "guitar", I'd also rather not see 50 other musical instrument tags come up. Kind of like how we have the "sword" and "gun" tags under the "weapon" tag. I dunno, I'm kinda iffy on it.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

I vote for the "musical instrument" tag, totally. I don't like the idea of separate instruments tags. We have so many images with guitars, pianos, violins...
Biba

Post by Biba »

AngelLily wrote:I vote for the "musical instrument" tag, totally. I don't like the idea of separate instruments tags. We have so many images with guitars, pianos, violins...
I agree. A "musical instrument" tag sounds good, but I wouldn't make seperate tags, because how are you going to decide for which instruments you'll make such a seperate tag and for which you won't? We could make it a child tag of the "music" tag.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Alright then, a "musical instrument" tag it is. (^_^)
Starra

Post by Starra »

How about an "idol" tag, for real life idols/singers? I dunno.
softfang

Post by softfang »

We should have a "vehicle" tag. Y'know, for scooters, cars, and other things that have wheels. >_>; I know we have a bike tag, but what about skates or something? Vehicle tag could be the "main" or... child tag for everything with wheels, couldn't it?
softfang

Post by softfang »

"picnic" (self-explanatory)
"food" (as a child/parent tag to "sweets" and "eating" perhaps?)
"drink" (for non-sake pics with soda or water or other drinks >>)
"silly" (for silly/funny images such as someone in a goofy pose)
"classroom" or "class" (for those in-class pics maybe)
"multi hair" (for those girls with multi-colored hair)
"tan" (for the dark-skinned girls)
"vest"
"coat" or "jacket"
"backpack" or "bag" (for those with backpacks, saddlebags, and other purse/bag-like items)
"army" (for the girls in army clothes, or in an army-like setting)
"belt"
"leash" and "collar" (either for pet images or the dog/cat-girls with collars and leashes on them, like Hinata from Pure-Pure)

And that's all that I can think of at the moment.

Also, someone needs to update the very first post introducing the thread with all those "approved" tags on it. To add the newer ones to it, too.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Well we do have eating and cooking tags, I've wondered how to tag images with food that didn't involve cooking or eating it, so a food/drink tag may be useful.

Picnic might be ok, do we have enough images with picnics in them? I gather this might be something people would want to search for if they need images/scenes of picnics.

I'm not too fond of the idea of having too many more specific clothes tags, since they'll apply to so many images, they might not be relevant anymore...

Leash and collar kind of fall into the yuri, loli and such tag categories, they'd probably invite abuse by people, which is a shame.

We once did dicuss a tan tag but that opened a whole chapter regarding racial topics that I do not believe I'd like to repeat, so we better keep that one aside.
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Should a tag for Code Geass R2 be created? The second season introduces a whole lotta new charactes and since it's pretty much the same way as with Rozen Maiden Traumend...why not, right?
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Would be ok for me.
Starra

Post by Starra »

Instead of "class" how about "school" for school settings, since that's broader?