Spoiler Handling

Have a good idea? Let us know
A.Dantes

Spoiler Handling

Post by A.Dantes »

Sometimes images are uploaded that are considered spoilers for the series they belong to. Similarly, users sometimes want to discuss the endings of certain series but find they cannot do so without ruining the ending.

For this purpose, I propose that images found to be spoilers are not disabled but have their thumbnail replaced with a "Spoiler Alert!" image. Being a spoiler does not make it any less of an image and no one cares about spoilers of series they have already seen or never intend to see.

Additionally, there should be a [spoiler] tag to join the currently existing [quote] tag for posting images. I believe the implementation should be implemented like this.
canis

Post by canis »

Doesn't sound too bad. I was also wondering about some kind of spoiler protection for awhile. Just "not posting spoilers" has the disadvantage that some really beautiful images can't be shared even with the members who already completed the series.
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

There ARE other imageboards where these images are posting without a single care.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

AngelLily wrote:There ARE other imageboards where these images are posting without a single care.
There are also imageboards that post pics where I get the creeps from without care...
[Signature space. $10]
canis

Post by canis »

AngelLily wrote:There ARE other imageboards where these images are posting without a single care.
This spoiler solution A.Dantes posted just has the advantage that one can chose of which series he sees the spoiler.
If I for example finished Shakugan no Shana, I can open the spoiler marked pictures of this series, but still let the ones of anime I didn't finish yet closed.