Suggestions Forum Info

Have a good idea? Let us know
Makoto

Re: Suggestions Forum Info

Post by Makoto »

(I didn't read topic so I'm sorry if such suggestions were before)

There are two things I was thinking about for long time but didn't wrote here yet. So

1. New tags appears pretty frequently and actually there is no way members of e-shuushuu know about them if they doesn't visit appropriate forum topic. For example, I become familiar with new tags only if somebody point it in image comment :).
Same thing for some rare tags: image uploader may not apply tag to image if he don't know about it.
So I think it would be useful to bring information about tags on the main e-shuushuu page. For example in top-right corner, instead of arbitrary tips. Everybody who use e-shuushuu for few weeks become familiar with rules pretty good so I think it's not a thing to show on every page to all members. Instead, e-shuushuu can show there information about random tag: it's name and description. So members will become familiar with most tags.

2. It would be useful to jump from Similar Images Search page right to Image Upload page so one wouldn't need to upload his picture again. Or maybe to place upload form on page with Similar Images Search results.
Before uploading any pictures to e-shuushuu I check them through Similar Images Search and remove all existing ones. And then upload rest ones again on Image Upload page. If images are large enough it take pretty much time to wait :). Not mentioning about e-shuushuu's engine doing same work twice.
Kino Makoto
Merun

Post by Merun »

I remember suggesting the first idea but so far I never had any feedback on it. >.<

For the second idea, I think it was also already brought up on IRC.
Merun @ Twitter
Nady

Post by Nady »

I approve of your first idea! It would be useful for everyone. Make it real please.
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

*Is bursting with ideas* :D
I'm sorry if some of these ideas have already been mentioned! I know some of these ideas might be difficult, simply impossible or just plain stupid suggestions but for quite some time now I've been thinking:

1. ShuuShuu should try to have a "Most Favorited Images of the Week" or "Most Viewed Images of the Week" somewhere in the Shuu site, y'know so all Shuu users could know what images are "in" for the week :D it could be something to inspire uploaders to upload more pictures? ._.; IDK ! DX

2. We could also have a "Most Searched Tags of the Week" which is somewhat similar to the one above. Eh, I think this is self explanatory? o.o; You can just list the tags with click-able links and stuff o.e Do not ask why I have this "-of the Week" thing everywhere. ._.; I'd like something to look forward to every week!

3. I think it would be cool if we could have smilies when we comment on images :] and HTML Font coloring tew? :]

4. Also I think there should be a section somewhere for registered users in Shuu that can notify people of the latests news like "New Tag has been Added" or "New Source has been Added" or "Welcome to ShuuShuu" for new people who have registered. It would really be helpful to all of us . :]
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

1 & 2: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1191 && http://abstrusa.com/shuugeist/
3: i think it might be bad, it will get too colourfull and stuff~
+ someone might abuse the function and post a bajillion smileys...

4: it was mentioned. not sure what happened to that idea, i still like it
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I don't think smileys will be implemented. Sorry, but I would fight hard against them.

The 4th is desperately needed. We all know that. ;)
私は悪魔です。
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

@RockRabbit ; Thanks! I didn't know about those links xD And yes, I also think 4 is a good idea.

@Yatchen ; Yeah, I know v.v I hope they can make number 4 :]
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

We could make various forum banners, like on the image board. :?
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

dunno if it was suggested but...
ehm...
something like an option to fave an artist? o.o
i mean...like bookmark him or something o.o
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Something that should get fixed is this deal with names.

I mean, for example; When I search *Kagamine Rin*, I get about 190 page results

but when I search *Rin Kagamine*, I get like 67 page results.

Isn't there any possible way to combine the two names together? Like the alias feature we use for tags? Because a lot of people search last name/first name rather than the normal first name/last name.
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Well, character names aren't tags at the moment, so it's not really possible.

You could just search *rin* or perhaps *kagamine* *rin*?
私は悪魔です。
NekoKero

Post by NekoKero »

I believe a possibility could be a magic taco dispenser button that evertime you clicked it your cd slot would open and have a mini taco but thats just me, as I really love my cheesecake

but seriously mini tacos, think about it, and maybe a space for something like "about me" in profiles instead of just "interests" even though theyd be practically the same thing besides the effect of misnomerity in case you try to adapt your "interests" to something like a weird "about me"...as i have done in the past

and most likely the least to happen but like a seperate tab for possible music streaming from kawaii.radio or small music file upload and player place, its been my dream of 10 minutes ago to listen to MOSAIC.WAV and upload photos and post on forums all on the same website, and its a dream I wont forget too easily especially since its highly likely that Ill see this post again and remember X3
Merun

Post by Merun »

Tacos aside, I have already suggested a long time ago an upgraded user page to include more informations. As for music streaming, I think it has already been suggested and denied for the simple fact that it's bandwidth consuming and doesn't add any real value except maybe also annoy some user.
Merun @ Twitter
NekoKero

Post by NekoKero »

The only reason Id want an upgraded user page is cause Id just want people to read what I put and then it wouldnt be so cluttered at first glance and some people may not be lazy and decide to read it, I want people to read it! I dont know why though...
I thought about the bandwidth which was one of the reasons why I thought it would be even more unlikely but that last part was spot on, exactly what Id use it for XD
I was spazzing at the time and just saying ideas that came to mind really fast hence the tacos....no tacos... T.T
prettylittlenightmare

Post by prettylittlenightmare »

This is more of a "question" then a "suggestion"
Why are ecchi images not allowed?
As long as nothing is showing I think it should be all right. As long as the body parts are covered by panties or a bra it should be ok?
I found alot of cute girl pictures however I haven't posted them up because I know they will just be disabled. [sigh]