Suggestions Forum Info

Have a good idea? Let us know
Julia

Re: Suggestions Forum Info

Post by Julia »

Could there be a way to see the tags with the least images in them?
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Purella Lacelle

Post by Purella Lacelle »

Oh, I'm sorry for beating a dead horse but I must ask anyway, why no male-only pictures? I know that this is a board mostly for cute girl pictures, I understand that, but (to me) it seems a bit ridiculous that there absolutely MUST be a girl in the picture or else it can't be posted.

Why not instead let male-only pictures be posted, but in limited quantities, like cosplay pictures, and let people post 3 or 5 pictures a day? It would be nice to add a little more variety to the board~

(Also, I'm getting a little annoyed with that half the pictures I want to post only have a guy in them >o>)
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

http://e-shuushuu.net/about/rules/
your question's explained here
also, there is bishibooru if you really want to upload male images;
:3
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Julia

Post by Julia »

It's not meant to be a value judgement against men or anything like that. It's just that the board was set up with a certain scope. anony object has defined this scope as "anime-ish images of girls and women". And since he's the one paying for the image hosting, he gets to decide what images to host.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Adore

Post by Adore »

Could there be some way to sort your Favorites, maybe in a way similar to Deviantart's collection system and it's different folders of favorited images? You could create different folders and title them however suits your fancy (cute images, cool images, Vocaloid images, mahou shoujo images, etc), sort your preexisting favorites accordingly, and then some sort of drop-down menu of your favorites folders would appear when you hovered over the +♥ button?

EDIT: Also, could there be some way to view all of the character tags that belong to a specific source tag? For example, say I'm searching for a certain Vocaloid character, but I don't know the character's name- I could click on the Vocaloid source tag and there would be a list of all the Vocaloid character tags, similar to how there's a list of aliases and child tags when you click on a source tag.
Whatever lies beyond this morning is a little later on
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all
Nothing's like before
miznotch

Post by miznotch »

Hi! I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I haven't read any similar ones so I thought I'd go for it
Will it be possible to favorite artists just like how we can favorite a picture? So people can check if there's new pictures by them and/or go back to visit their page again. :)
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

You are suggesting that our staff include a bookmark feature on artist tags.
My memory is not that good, but I believe it has already been suggested in the past.
I must say that this feature has merit. But, this feature is specific for users that follow artists. I do not know how many do it or will use said feature if applied, however.
miznotch

Post by miznotch »

Ah okei okei n_n
That's true, you do have a good point there.
But thanks for replying back!
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

Tensa wrote:..I do not know how many will use it..
I know I would :lol:
I think it got rejected in the past tho ; v ;
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Emii

Post by Emii »

My suggestion is completely and utterly unrelated to the image board, but is it possible to add a thread specifically for Shuu games?

As an avid forum user, I've seen this feature used a lot. Forum games enlighten so many people, plus it helps them break out of their shell too.

I'm aware of the Gaming thread, but it's specified for actual console games. There's also General, but I cannot see forum games being placed there either. There's a possibility though for those who see Forum games as misc.

As for RP thread, well, we all know what RP stands for, so placing games there would shatter the RP effect since we'd be out of character.

Forum game example:

Person A posts a thread titled "Count to 10!"
User A: 1
User B: 2
User C: 3
User A: 4
User C: 5
etc.

EDIT: I noticed a few forum games circling around the General sub forum, so I'm assuming my suggestion would fall under there. I'll post a game thread under the General sub forum to see if it gains the popularity to add other games. At the moment, I'll stick to one game.

EDIT 2: In a previous Shuu game, a user mentioned forum games are potentially abused for user post count. I've seen admins on other forums place a stopper(I'm not sure what the correct term is) on forum game comments to help keep them from easily tallying up. Honestly, I don't mind the post count, but I can see it becoming a problem.
bug_sniper

Post by bug_sniper »

Maybe we can have a forum thread to test postings when people say they can't post.
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

i want a blacklist option and a block user option. also can we have the custom theme thing actually added into the site or??? idk how all this works but i can't understand how to work the script.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

I can see why there would be a demand for a block feature, but if there is a user causing trouble for people then they can come to us.

Little disagreements that don't cause site related issues is another thing, imo. I think up until a certain point users can be mature enough to resolve personal issues with someone on their own if it isn't causing drama on the board.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
yong

Post by yong »

Fawn wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:04 am i want a blacklist option and a block user option. also can we have the custom theme thing actually added into the site or??? idk how all this works but i can't understand how to work the script.
If you mean custom theme similar to the one i made previously, you can request the admin to add it to the forum,
I got it working locally, but the custom theme is pretty large, more than 4k lines and Im too lazy to copy paste :shock:
shouldn't be difficult to add https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/styles-2
FlamingHawkAnnna

Post by FlamingHawkAnnna »

I've recently been on Shuu after being gone for a really long time and I was wondering if it could be possible to add in nonbinaries to the gender option on the profile? :D
“You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment if you do not trust enough
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!