How to handle image duplicates?

Have a good idea? Let us know
Aragoma

Post by Aragoma »

How about a Tagging-Team (TT).
Appointing a few members who are willing to edit tags to organise things a little better

For example that there are no more Eva, Evangelion, Neon Genesis Eva, NGE, etc tags but just Neon Genesis Evangelion
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Aragoma wrote:How about a Tagging-Team (TT).
Appointing a few members who are willing to edit tags to organise things a little better

For example that there are no more Eva, Evangelion, Neon Genesis Eva, NGE, etc tags but just Neon Genesis Evangelion
good idea...im up for that! :)
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Ookami wrote: Nekomimi - Catgirl - Maid - Meedo
Nekomimi Catgirl Maid Meedo
Nekomimi, Catgirl, Maid, Meedo
I usually write it as Nekomimi - Catgirl - Maid - Meedo, I find it reads easier than just one space inbetween and I'm afraid adding a comma at the end of the word might impact on how the Search function recognizes it.

Btw, I think I added that tag to that nekomimi meedo image. Mhhhh.. nekomimi meedo.. shiawase...

I usually try to add as much as possible to tags when necessary or handy.
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

Ok, Why is it MEEDO!?!

In katakana its still spelled ME I DO!

It just bothers me every time i read MEEDO. doesnt sound right.
Biba

Post by Biba »

I have to agree with Shingetsu, it's meido, not meedo :? but I don't really care, if it's tagged ad maid - meedo, you can still find the images when looking for maid
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Post by Evangeline Mcdowell »

Looks like you'll have to decide on a comprehensive and standardized set of tags before you start tagging... Same deal with adding new tags... a concession must be reached before a tag can be considered 'official'.
Unlike danbooru, e-shuushuu wasn't made with the tagging system in mind, so it will have to be procedural solution rather than an automated one.
yurie~hime`

Post by yurie~hime` »

ano..minna, adding tags sounds like a great idea. it is much better than leaving an image w/o any info. however, it may go out of hand, so the suggestion of having at most 5 tags is right. also, the suggestion of having a tagging team is nice. the mods are overly loaded, so its best to share the work. e-shuushuu is getting big. its best to improve it for the welfare of everyone. n_n
ganbatte minna!
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

Yurie, do you have the ability to type in Japanese, as is non romanji but more or less Hira and kata and kanji Characters?

Just wondering.
bob-omb

Post by bob-omb »

dont you have to hold some buttons then press others to do that?
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

No, you have to have your windows(assuming you use windows) set up for it in regional settings and have your language bar up. or just run on a JP OS.

Id show you but im not on my comp currently. It died and im having new parts sent ASAP.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Shingetsu wrote:Ok, Why is it MEEDO!?!
When I originally looked it up it was spelt in romaji as 'meedo'.
No need to throw a fit just because you don't like that spelling... if you all absolutely want I can retag them all as 'meido' ( whenever I have the time, that is).
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

I also agree with Shingetsu on this one...
I know the kana for maid is indeed meido (メイド) although meedo (メード) is also an accepted form.
But the thing is.... there's already a LOT of images that have been labeled as meedo, and retagging that many images is definitely going to have an impact on the performance of the moderators, as they will then have to spend time retagging instead of...doing whatever it is they do =P

I suggest we leave the meedo - maid tagged images alone for now. They can be retagged when our moderators have time if we ever decide to change it.

@Shingetsu
here, maybe this will help...
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Evangeline Mcdowell wrote:I also agree with Shingetsu on this one...
But the thing is.... there's already a LOT of images that have been labeled as meedo, and retagging that many images...
Ok, done. Retagged all images with 'Meedo' to 'Meido'.

Since it's regarding preferential spelling anyway, what spelling do you prefer for swimsuit: 'misugi' or 'mizugi'?
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

Wow, smithy, you really didnt have to do that. I was just ranting but ok thANKS.

As for Mizugi.

æ°´ç
Evangeline Mcdowell
Site Admin

Smithy wrote: Ok, done. Retagged all images with 'Meedo' to 'Meido'.
o.O That was a LOT of images! Sugoi! Arigatou smithy!