Full body shots

Requests specific images, artists, styles, etc here
amfest

Full body shots

Post by amfest »

Hmm okay .. .well this is a bit tough cause I don't know what I really want . . . in the end. But basically my friend's job allows him to cut hard foam and such with some tools ... so he can put a character on and airbrush it and then cut it out . . so I'm going to get some life size cutouts made of characters . . well 1 for now to put on my door. Thing is what character to do >_<. First problem will be finding good images . . . Guess they dont' have to be too high quality cause what he'll be doing is printing them to transparency and then tracing outlines (hand vectoring! :P ) and then he'll air bursh the rest in. Only characters I can think of at the moment that I woudln't mind having are

Aria from sister princess - but I don't know about any good standing straight on shots that aren't angled.

Yakumo from school rumble - again I haven't seen any full body shots .. most have some portion of her body cut off. or she's bent over or something.

Cha Cha from akauzkin cha cha - err XD

Occult president from Mahoraba - Again I don't know .. maybe I could have the kneeling down pose for her cause it'd be funny . .but I don't know the last shot of her at the last episode where she's standing at the party might work . . so if anyone has that vectored already that'd be nice :P but if not I might just take a screenie of that . ..if it's okay >_<

if anyone can think of any other nice shots of characters . . plz . . .by all means throw them my way .. .lol
amfest

Post by amfest »

hmm few invalid file names there onomeister

Last one is cute but it's more at an upward angle looking up to the character . .. a little bit lower or if she jumps we'd see pantsu <_<

As a note to remind . . I won't just choose 1 :P . .I will make more to chnage ot or put elsewhere .. so keep em coming XD
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

is this character a ghost in this pic? it looks spooky...
It's g*dd@mn cold here in Canada....!
amfest

Post by amfest »

onomeister wrote:is this character a ghost in this pic? it looks spooky...
OMG if you don't know who she is . .yo'uve commited a sin cause that means you haven't watched Mahoraba

XD

Shes the president of the Occult Club and yes . she's a very creepy person who talks in a sorta monotone sorta voice and she gets pure excasty from people cursing her/calling her names . .like just saying she's crazy could send her into pure shivers of excitment

XD

She cracks me up so much . .. I simply love her :)
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

You're fired.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

shes a verbal masochist......... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

AnimeJ wrote:
You're fired.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

She's from "Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~" (the anime)/"Mahoraba" (the manga).
You can find fansubs/scanlations for them online. I recommend you watch the series and read the manga, it's excellent, very funny and heartwarming.
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

Sorry, I didn't realize Mahoraba was THAT good... I was going to get it sooner or later, cuz I'm getting ToHeart1 right now, so ok, I'll get Mahoraba next...
Question: Is Mahoraba any relation to Mahoromatic? sorry if I seem like a numskull... you can fire me again... :?
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

onomeister wrote:Sorry, I didn't realize Mahoraba was THAT good... I was going to get it sooner or later, cuz I'm getting ToHeart1 right now, so ok, I'll get Mahoraba next...
Question: Is Mahoraba any relation to Mahoromatic? sorry if I seem like a numskull... you can fire me again... :?
Oh yea, you're fired again. There's more than one reason this time though.

1. You haven't seen To Heart.
2. You're getting it before Mahoraba.
3. You thought Mahoraba had something to do with Mahoromatic.

As to Mahoraba vs Mahoromatic, here goes.

Automatic Maiden:Mahoromatic and Automatic Maiden: Mahoromatic ~Motto Utskushii Mono~ are shows about a young boy named Suguru. He lives alone, and decides to hire a live-in maid(Mahoro) She's a deactivated Combat Android, and makes not point in hiding this; she'll tell the world if Suguru would let her. It's Gainax, so Hilarity ensues.

Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~: Shiratori Ryuuji, an Art student, is moving to Tokyo. His mother has a sister(?) who runs a boarding house, Narutoukisu. She arranges for him to stay there and go to school, which he does. Overall, it's kinda like Maison Ikkoku, but a lot more concise, and better quality.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

onomeister wrote:Sorry, I didn't realize Mahoraba was THAT good..
You don't need to apologize for that. If you haven't seen it, how could you know how good it may be and how much you may like it? Off course how you do or do not like it depends on personal taste.
But to me it was one of the best anime series I have seen.

Especially since while it sounds like a one in a dozen harem/love comedy show, it's -positively- surprisingly not like that. It's a very upbeat, heartwarming series with lots of humor, it tackeles some quite heavy topics here and there and does in such a way you realize it's serious but it doesn't depress because there's this sense of joy, hope and a joie de vivre in this series than many other series just don't reach without having to resort to the silly and unbelievable.

I feel it's still a bit of an underground show in some ways, it hasn't been licensed yet (though it is quite marketable), only one group entirely subbed it and it wasn't heavily advertised when it came out. But it did surprise most if not all viewers by how good it actually is, especially if you put against the anime series in its genre. Most people I recommended it to have thouroughly enjoyed it.

Plus the series is a terrific adaptation from the manga. Any changes made are well done and they all stay true to the atmosphere and spirit of the manga.
onomeister

Post by onomeister »

Thanks for all that awesome info! Now I've got 2 animes I've gotta go and see...
LadySakura

Post by LadySakura »

Damn. I might want to watch this now.

How long is it? Is it available on BitTorrent somewhere?
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. <3
amfest

Post by amfest »

eep . . my thread is getting Mahoraba derailed

x_x