[Request] Dating Sim Style Characters

Requests specific images, artists, styles, etc here
amfest

[Request] Dating Sim Style Characters

Post by amfest »

Well basically I'm going to be trying to mess with Ren'py dating sim engine and I'd like some test characters.

Basically like these http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/153.jpg

but I want if possible for them to have either a hard filled color around the character or to be on a gif with transparency with no background. If not I'll just have to manually fill and such but I guess I'm being lazy since I really hate doing it ;) I could use the air book but they vary the images so some aren't in line with the rest :( Plus not alot of the other characters have alot of expressions with a good pose :(

And post here if possible ;) or send links to ID numbers on board since I have the board to checking only commented images.
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Drat! I remember seeing a lot of those before, but I can't remember where...
Is there any specific size you want it in? will any character do?
I'll try to find it if I can. It's been such a long time ago since I last saw it...
amfest

Post by amfest »

Well I'll most likely be putting them on a 800x600 background so hmm I'm not really sure on sizing yet :( I messed around with rpgmaker a looooong time ago to try and see if I could make one on there but the maker's res was 320x240at 256 colors >_< and that was just . .ugly . ..LOL

lol if you're sorta interested in the test I still have one of the rest rars on my webspace

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/Datingsim ... eBoxes.rar

I forgot which version that is . .but I think I was messing with fading and enlarging the text box in and having some transparency on it. There are only a few choices .. one direction ends it quickly and takes you to title ..other brings you to either a best ending or just a game over .. lol.

It's like 30 seconds short . .lol.

hmm size . ..I guess it depends on the character. Basically how they would look on a 800x600 background and maybe still be able to fit 2-3 characters of the same on the screen . .. what do you think? Maybe I should take a screenshot of a few games and measure it out >_>
AnimeJ

Post by AnimeJ »

I'd say that better than a third of the images on shuu^2 have roots in a renai game in one form or other.
Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu »

heh i second that.

Well in most cases the magic wand tool helps with backround extration but if its a really detailed image then youll have to go down and get dirty with the eraser tool.
amfest

Post by amfest »

Alot of times the colors of the background merge into the character so magic wand doesn't help. Wish I could extract the actual game images with transparancy ;) . .

I tend to use the free-hand selection tool over the eraser tool cause it'll click in line with the pixels and I can double check to make sure that it's okay to delete section.