This packaging I found...

Requests specific images, artists, styles, etc here
Post Reply
User avatar
starfisher
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:45 am

This packaging I found...

Post by starfisher » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:52 am

I was at the store with all the cheap little Asian accessories and bought an eyelash curler the other day. Some of the packages had ripped off Peach Girl art and put it on some mascara packaging, but the one I bought is not recognizable to me.

Image

Anyone have any info on the character portrayed, artist, artist with similar style, etc? I thought she was cute, and I figured I might as well ask the authority on all things cute, e-shuushuu :D
All kinds of "wonders", I saw spinning inside the lavender monitor. Letting a drop of water fall, it spins like a filament. On and on...

User avatar
AriaHime
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: This packaging I found...

Post by AriaHime » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:06 pm

I know the artist is "Ueda Ryo" and, um, let's see...

Aha! Source is Mikomai and here's the original: Link
Image
How the hell does a broken heart
get back together when it's torn apart?
Teach itself to start
Beating again...

User avatar
starfisher
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:45 am

Re: This packaging I found...

Post by starfisher » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:54 pm

AriaHime wrote:I know the artist is "Ueda Ryo" and, um, let's see...

Aha! Source is Mikomai and here's the original: Link
Amazing! *claps* Can't believe you found it that fast. Thanks.

Has anyone else seen a similar situation of stolen art on random packaging?
All kinds of "wonders", I saw spinning inside the lavender monitor. Letting a drop of water fall, it spins like a filament. On and on...

User avatar
RockRabbit
Posts: 2309
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 am
Location: Daten City
Contact:

Re: This packaging I found...

Post by RockRabbit » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:35 am

starfisher wrote:Has anyone else seen a similar situation of stolen art on random packaging?
Countless times. We have a lot of....ehm... i think they call them "One dollar stores" in America. We have quite a lot of those and they often have stuff from China. The products for children almost every time have some sort of anime images on the packaging. And it's always some kind of ripped art. ^^;
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Image
  • ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
starfisher
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:45 am

Re: This packaging I found...

Post by starfisher » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 pm

RockRabbit wrote:
starfisher wrote:Has anyone else seen a similar situation of stolen art on random packaging?
Countless times. We have a lot of....ehm... i think they call them "One dollar stores" in America. We have quite a lot of those and they often have stuff from China. The products for children almost every time have some sort of anime images on the packaging. And it's always some kind of ripped art. ^^;
Yep, that's what we call them here, Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, etc. ^_^

I remember buying a pair of socks for cheap once, and Shiori from TokiMemo was on the tag randomly O_o
All kinds of "wonders", I saw spinning inside the lavender monitor. Letting a drop of water fall, it spins like a filament. On and on...

Post Reply