Requests specific images, artists, styles, etc here
Aizawa

Re: Avatars and signatures.

Post by Aizawa »

THANK-YOU! I can do a tutorial for the mood bars; they're fun. I actually make the mood bars in paint.net and that's freeware.

Also thanks a lot for the help with Akazukin since we're replying to a soa edit. Getting put on crutches wasn't exactly in my plans today. 8) Thanks for stepping up for me.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
Siena Cruz

Post by Siena Cruz »

Oh !! And here I thought you were using PS 😂 a tutorial sounds nice, if it's no trouble.

I'm happy to help, hope you get better soon :)
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

i said it like 50 times but thank you so much again for the set. :'3 i also want a tutorial. i feel like i would have fun making these. i don't mind it being a bit smaller. the pixel edges give it a nice touch.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

What you need: Knowledge of layer types, patience, four images [Two for your character, two for aesthetic is the way I do it], and Photoshop or paint.net [unlike PS this is free]. Idk much about Gimp or other editors. I'm using paint.net here.

Also: I am in no way claiming I'm a professional or even a good editor; I'm a simple man just having fun. This is just how I do things. This took several days to write and screenshot so bare with me..
I'm just going to use this character because I have for a couple years now and I rabu him. So I find the images I want. I want the color scheme to match because it's an aesthetic, Tumblr-esque mood bar. I choose red because he's red.. [purple & red are some of my fave colors but that is honestly pure coincidence].

Note: I wound up changing one image after screenshotting this, lol.

I crop and resize all of them down to avatar size [100 x 100].

For the old style, I turn my grid on and make a border. I skip over 1 pixel to give it a frame-y look.

For Fawn's, I used these pixel borders and apply the roundish one to the image in a NEW LAYER. Then I go to the base/backround which is the actual photo and erase everything out of it [grid on]. This part is a bit time-consuming; there's probably a faster way to do this.
PS: I used leveling to edit this image, sorry, did not screenshot the settings.

Sometimes I will make adjustments to certain images. Like messing with the levels, boost, sharpening. That's very basic editing so I'm not gonna get into it. For this I added a spot-color effect messing with the saturation/levels and then duplicated the later, making the copy an overlay with the opacity at 92%.

Added a pretty, white tiny font. I thought it still looked flat, so I added a glow.

Settings:

For this one I used a custom watercolor brush. You can find free-to-use icon textures on websites like DeviantART, Tumblr, even Livejournal.
Going a bit light here because of our rules.

Once I am satisfied with the individual images, I save them all again as png's [always PNG] and open up a new file. I keep the white backround as a guide because I'm dumb and will lose track of what I'm doing. I turn the grid back on [most important in this step] and zoom in a bit. I place the images each in a new layer, 3 pixels apart from each other. Make sure you don't apply anything to your white backround because that's going to get deleted.

To make sure it's 3 pixels apart, you can select the space and check like this.

Then you delete the white back round and boom, it's transparent. I pasted on a large white canvas so I cropped it down to the signature.

Save as a png or a pdn file if you don't have time to finish and that's.. really it. It'll ask you to flatten the layers, make sure to hit okay/yes.

It looks time consuming but it isn't for me like it used to be. Once you learn how to do it once, you can speed through them. These are handy if you want to make moodbars/aesthetic edits like you see on Tumblr. This is easy to replicate in Photoshop. I just consider them a more simple edit and do it in pdn to save my laptop some strain.

See v sig for actual result.
EDIT:Okay, I hecked up the text coding somewhere. Really simple but they're fuuuun to make.
Credit to the pixel border:
- https://www.deviantart.com/toff-u/gallery/?catpath=/
Siena Cruz

Post by Siena Cruz »

omg bless thank you so so much !! Gonna get my sister to look at this so she can help me, her aesthetic sense (?) is wayyy better than mine lol.
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

in a way i get it but you also lost me xD it looks complicated. thanks so much for making this tho. i love your new signature.
i've always wanted to make moodboards for my tumblr blog.

i'd like the original to the one you changed out too

also can you show me how to make borders in pdn since there arent border options? like you did in the old style. i get the pixel border.
Siena Cruz

Post by Siena Cruz »

I'm actually very happy with how these turned out ;w; I finally figured out how to add those borders inside the image smh.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Yeaaaaah, I'm so not the best at explaining things so if something wasn't clear just let me know. Those look amazing, Siena!
Siena Cruz

Post by Siena Cruz »

That's means a lot coming from you, thank you Aizawa-san!
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

I've noticed this got eaten when Tinypic went down.. I made this for you, Biba. Thank-you for being my friend, even at my worst. I'm lucky to have you in my life.

Fawn

Post by Fawn »

siena is soo good at editing too! i might be using the pink one for my tumblr :3

awe aizawa you and biba are really close, huh? i'm sure she will love it. it's nice too.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

?? Yeah. My friendship with Biba is literally one of the most important things in the world to me. She's been a bit busy but we keep in touch via texting through-out the day. She' still watching and making sure you guys are being good noodles, too. 8D There's no questioning the bond Biba and I have.

Edit: Oh yeah, I agree with Fawn. keep up the good work, Siena. Maybe I'll have you make me something for Silver someday. Editing is fun, but I get lazy.
Siena Cruz

Post by Siena Cruz »

>.< You guys are flattering me too much, I literally just mess around until I see what I like and it's usually very eh. But thank you! I'll try my best if you ever want me to edit something for your boy :D
Also it'll be my pleasure if you do end up using it Fawn u v u
Siena Cruz

Post by Siena Cruz »

I made some icons for Mary-san and just had to share these two here u v u
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Those look nice! I'm sure she will love them. I like the frame style.

Also I guess I'll have to edit and replace the images on my first post. Smh.