Drawing Request Topic

Talk about images!
xero1

Drawing Request Topic

Post by xero1 »

Its an Idea i had while browsing through "the Drawing topic" it is simply this.
A member of the forum comes to this thread to post a request for something they would like to see drawn. Artists within the forum that are willing to fulfil free requests will come and read these requests and respond to them with drawings (like me, since i need to get the practice.)

Any number of artists may respond to one request. Applicants for these requests should be polite to artists that respond by refraining from saying things like "that sucks." (keep in mind they are doing it for free). Applicants may request a particular Artist to do a work but there is no garuntee that artist will respond.

Also a further note to artists there will be no comparing skills, Saying stuff like "I suck Xero1 is so much better than me" or "Xero1 sucks I could do better" (insert any other artists name in place of xero1 is also unacceptable) You can learn a lot by comparing your artwork to other artists but by simply saying its better or worse you'll learn nothing.
The first step to learning from another artists work is to identify what you like about it. If you do that you can learn from even the most amateur of artists and even the most amateur of artist can learn from the best.

If you are an artist willing to fullfill requests please reply to this thread by typing your name in and when i visit I will edit this message to add your name to the list.

artist list:
xero1
Andell
Yuki2
Lilflow
ookami-sama
Rikenta
Last edited by xero1 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Give a man twelve years of college education, a lab and equipment, and that man may mutate some poor animal. Give me a scrap of paper or piece of canvas, and I can play god.
-Xero1
Deoxys

Re: Drawing Request Topic

Post by Deoxys »

It's a nice idea, but i find embarrasing asking someone to draw instead of trying it myself :S
xero1

Post by xero1 »

no problem there you can fulfil your own requests and see what other people do as well. Theres no reason you can't put yourself up as an artists to your own request and as I said several artists may respond to one request. If its an interesting request it may get alot of attention.
Give a man twelve years of college education, a lab and equipment, and that man may mutate some poor animal. Give me a scrap of paper or piece of canvas, and I can play god.
-Xero1
Andell

Post by Andell »

I'd be ready to give it a shot.
xero1

Post by xero1 »

Ok. To get things started I'll submit the first request. I will also be participating in this request.

I would like to see an original picture of Aisaka Taiga from the Anime Tora Dora. there are alot of refrences on the site so if you don't know who she is look her up. I will finish later this evening and post my results :) have fun.
-Xero1
xero1

Post by xero1 »

Here she is! I will add some color later and edit this post for now Enjoy and send me your requests or respond to my request.

Aisaka Taiga- Junkfood Angel
Junk food angel.jpg
Junk food angel.jpg (137.51 KiB) Viewed 34594 times
well its a lazy coloring job. but its here.
Junk food angel coloreds.jpg
Junk food angel coloreds.jpg (157.45 KiB) Viewed 34591 times
-Xero1
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Post by anonymous_object »

I like this idea. I have no drawing skills myself but will be fun to follow ^^
e-shuushuu!
xero1

Post by xero1 »

anonymous_object wrote:I like this idea. I have no drawing skills myself but will be fun to follow ^^
its an idea everyone can participate in :) even with no drawing talent you can throw fuel into the fire of artists and see what comes out. why not try giving us a request? Hopefully we'll have more artists sign up as time goes by and get several results to one request. All we need to keep this thread going is Ideas.

Have you ever had something you wanted to see only to discover no ones drawn it yet? well now is your chance to make it happen.
(heck that sounds a slogan)
-Xero1
yuna

Post by yuna »

Oooo I like this idea!

Okay, Request time! I've been wanting to see a pic of Mint and Cirno together. Blue moe x 2!
I'm so excited to see what you guys come up with!
xero1

Post by xero1 »

Oooo I like this idea!

Okay, Request time! I've been wanting to see a pic of Mint and Cirno together. Blue moe x 2!
Oooo I like this idea!

heres the sketch. gimme some time to color

Now in color... not as good as i would like tho.
Attachments
blux2c.jpg
blux2c.jpg (178.68 KiB) Viewed 34507 times
blux2.jpg
blux2.jpg (170.23 KiB) Viewed 34535 times
Last edited by xero1 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Xero1
Andell

Post by Andell »

A-already ?

I'll make one too when I'll get some time, then. ^^
yuna

Post by yuna »

Awww kawaii!
haahaa Cirno would do that to Mint's ears.
good job!
Andell

Post by Andell »

Here's my black and white drawing, which I usually don't show as my scanner refuses to do a clean job and as the drawing will be completely covered up by the computer coloring. The colored version will take a while, though, as my next week will be pretty busy...

Oh, I hate drawing hands. *shivers*

Edit: I forgot Mint's gloves and patterns on the clothes around the neck. -_-'
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

If anyone's got the time for it and wants to go crazy on something: All of the traps you can find in one image. Bridget, Jun, Mizuho, Tieria, Ciel, anyone from any kind of series. The limit of characters and the way they're positioned in the image is only limited by your own imagination.

Thanks a lot for considering my request and the best of luck! :)
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
yuna

Post by yuna »

@Andell: Sugoi! It came out great.