"Western Style" images

Talk about images!
softfang

"Western Style" images

Post by softfang »

Powerpuff Girls, mainly.

Why is it in need of approval? O.o I don't see what's so wrong with it. It's not inappropriate. Sorry, I just don't get why it needs to be reviewed.
DeviantArt Commissions OPEN | Remember 6.12.2016
AngelLily

Re: "Western Style" images

Post by AngelLily »

Powerpuff Girls, much like South Park or The Simpsons, is an American Cartoon. E-ShuuShuu is for the appreciation of the Animanga/Japanese style, so it doesn't belong here. If you mean Demashitaa! Powerpuff Girls Z, then they're allowed. But the original cartoon? No. Definitely not.

I realize this might bring some controversy in view of the new anime Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, which imitates the western style. But I guess this should be judged more as a not-so-strict interpretation of the guidelines. Much like not all real-looking images are banned, P&S hasn't been banned because it is still a japanese interpretation of a western cartoon, and it has its moments where it looks more like the animation from its country of origin.

However, I am a bit on the fence about this. It's grown in my concern that these P&S images, so western-looking, might not be suited for Shuu, but I haven't had the chance to talk to my fellow moderators yet. So, on that matter, I'd like to ask a little more time before we release our official stance on these images.

So, in resume: Western Cartoons are not allowed. So Powerpuff Girls images/edits are not either. If they're drawn in an anime/Japanese style, then they can stay.