Re: e-chuuchuu topic

Post by Rikenta »

I need an okay with this.... Image
demon lord ghirahim
Merun

Post by Merun »

Well it's not ok.

First plot wise, I had to reread 3time before before getting any sense. It's just confusing and hardly fun to anyone not familiar. It's also too Touhou centric for it's own good. I will tell you but I don't read much the comments you guys are posting on the Touhou images, as I'm not interested in Touhou and it's not easy to understand.

Secondly, the size of the image doesn't help at all in term of readability. Only a 2560x1600 screen which is expensive will be able to see this correctly. Everything is moreover clearly upscaled, which make the quality even worse.
The extraction of the character isn't good either and it's clear that you pasted some image as some character are partly cut in the middle.

So my advise... first, get a plot which is understandable by the community. Determine well known trait of the character, so that there is no need to introduce it. For less known stuff, introduce it as soon as possible. Then, get it checked by other people to see if they understand. Traditional plot writing involves, introduction, climax, final. Depending of the length of the chuu, you might skip the introduction, or it's max 1 koma in a 4 koma. 4koma are hard to create by the way, so people should avoid trying to fit a chuu in it if it doesn't.

Then, it seems that people have problem with the graphical aspect of their chuu. Personally I use Photoshop for everything.

Resolution: Think of the little screen. The height is not a problem as vertical scrolling is easy, but the width of the frame shouldn't go over 960.
Frame making: I make a selection with the rectangular marquee tool, then I stroke it ( right click -> stroke ) with a black line.

For bubbles, right now I type the text, with a central alignment, then I draw the bubble underneath it in a vector shape layer. The bubble is available in the Custom Shape tool.

Characters might be downscaled so that no one looks out or proportion to the others, NEVER UPSCALE. If your character is cut because of the border of an image, then put it at the border of your frame, it will look better than in the middle. Also, images should be fitting.

So, before making the chuu in Photoshop, here is what you should already have in mind, a storyboard ( sorry but my handwriting is worst in Illustrator ):
Storyboard
Storyboard
chuuuwari.jpg (326.91 KiB) Viewed 35468 times
Then you gather the material according to it so that there is coherence between the graphics and the plot.
Merun @ Twitter
Rikenta

Post by Rikenta »

i knew it wouldn't get accepted though, i wanted to try too past time (i really didn't have an idea)
I'll try again went get some more experience (it was worth a shot ^^;)
demon lord ghirahim
Seith

Post by Seith »

Excuse me. I made the continuation of this e-chuuchuu:
http://gickr.com/results2/anim_4c6837b1 ... fb68c6.gif

from

http://e-shuushuu.net/image/230042/.

Please tell me if it's ok. Thank you for your attention.

Edit:
Already approve when I PM'd to the e-chuuchuu maker.
Enjoy Summer~!
Julia

Post by Julia »

Keep on the lookout for a chuu based on this comment thread...

Necroing threads from three years ago like a boss.
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3