e-chuuchuu topic

Talk about images!
Myu-chan

Post by Myu-chan »

LOL!! I want see the rest!!! x3
wrexness

Post by wrexness »

solwyvern wrote: I basically just made a quick edit of an existing flash to match e-chuuchuu. It's a little rushed so there are a lot of inconsistencies, so don't shoot me. =p
Aha, I knew I recognized it from somewhere! Good work! ^^
Ran

Post by Ran »

Man, I wanna learn Flash so badly now. (T_T)
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Haha, good luck with that^^, more chuus for us. :3
canis wrote: For me 30 layers are enough to loose overview! X__X
wrexness wrote: Aha, I knew I recognized it from somewhere! Good work! ^^
Yeah, but let me just clarify a little... I didn't make this from scratch - I just edited it.
Here's the original version: http://www.solwyvern.net/Brothers.swf

So I took that^ flash, decompiled it, then started editing.
...and since decompilers don't give accurate results, that's how the fla file ended up having 400+ layers w/ 7000+ frames
Total time to edit: a little over 4 hrs.

canis

Post by canis »

I should also try to get more experience in flash, it looks so fun! >_< I only had it in school for a few weeks and occasionally I still make presentations with it, cause I swore an oath to NEVER use power point in my whole life. ;P

But I totally suck at any kind of programming languages, including action script. *sigh*
Can you do descent stuff with flash even with only a minimum action script knowledge?

It's also unused to see the name Adobe in your screenshot. XD I'm still stuck in the age where flash was Macromedia. Where there many changes and new things in CS3 compared to my "old" Flash 8?
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

haha, I know what you mean^^
Compared to Flash, Powerpoint is a terrible presentation application. I'll probably never willfully use it again. XD
'been also trying to find better alternatives to MS Office applications. (like I now use Adobe InDesign to make most of my documents).

well, surely you can make great things without much knowledge of actionscript, but knowing a few can really widen your range.
The only actionscript in that flash video was the one for the preloader and some stop(); onRelease , gotoAndPlay(); commands -and that's about it, you can still count them on one hand^^
Most of the heavy coding are usually on flash games or on complicated flash sites...

Well, I still haven't seen or tried all the new features since I've only been using Flash 8 for a short while. But the most noticeable ones would be the CS3 layout, it's compatibility w/ the rest of the Adobe Products and Actionscript 3.0. And it has backwards compatibility too^

the only real problem would probably be is if the computer you're on can handle Adobe CS3's requirements...
http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/systemreqs/
canis

Post by canis »

After I graduate from my school, I was planning to buy a new PC anyway, so the requirements won't be a problem. (have been saving money for a long time now and want to reward myself with a new PC after all this stress with the finals)

stop(); is the only action script I still know how to use. XD The others you named I heard before and I once had them in school but I would have to refresh my knowledge on that. ^^'

So when you say that Flash now is compatible with all other Adobe products that includes Photoshop? o_O That'd be pretty nice.
Are they even going to keep making new versions of freehand or is it replaced? Not that I like freehand but its the only vector program I can use properly. I still have problems vectoring in Photoshop.

Anyway, one day I also want to be able to do stuff like that movie! ^o^
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

err... I should rephrase that...
Flash CS3 is only compatible w/ Photoshop & Illustrator.
quoting Adobe:

"Import Adobe Photoshop® (PSD) and Adobe Illustrator® (AI) files, while preserving layers and structure, and then edit them in Flash CS3 Professional"

Also, regarding Freehand... sorry to say it's been discontinued. You can read all about that one here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/freehand/

It seems they recommend that Freehand users switch to Adobe Illustrator.
With the making of CS3 and the acquirement of Macromedia, they've discontinued Macromedia Freehand, GoLive and Adobe ImageReady. >_<

Anyway, good Luck with upgrading and learning! I'm still learning too. :D
Merun

Post by Merun »

As I'm working on a little chuu which will surely take more time than usual, here is a little trailer to tease you :D

http://merunia.googlepages.com/chuutrailer.mp4
Merun @ Twitter
AngelLily

Post by AngelLily »

LOL

Merun, you know anony can ban you, right? XDDD Can you even win?
topzter

Post by topzter »

lol
Ran

Re: e-chuuchuu topic

Post by Ran »

The planning stage for the ~Hidden Intentions~ novels has officially begun as of this writing. I'll organize the plot, timeline, and flow before getting to the actual writing part.

The different novels are planned to be continous retelling of the same ~HI~ storyline, just from different points of view. For instance...

~Hidden Intentions~ / Lily
Tells of Lily's plans, ordeals, and mental processes involving her rebellion. Will cover everything from the pre-rebellion stages to the final conflicts.

~Hidden Intentions~ / Smithy
Covers Smithy's perspectives and actions taken as a result of Lily's rebellion.

~Hidden Intentions~ / Fenrir
Tells the story from Fenrir's viewpoint. Covers his purpose for seeking Lily, his past and indirect involvement with other characters.

~Hidden Intentions~ / Evangeline

~Hidden Intentions~ / Ran

ect...

I hope you're looking forward to it.
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Ran wrote:~Hidden Intentions~ / Smithy
Covers Smithy's perspectives and actions taken as a result of Lily's rebellion.
I have not heard of this?! Rebellion schmellion, what about the hawt yuri s3cks in it? :twisted:
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Smithy wrote:I have not heard of this?! Rebellion schmellion, what about the hawt yuri s3cks in it? :twisted:
There will be none Smithy...And if there will be... it's probably not in your story :P
[Signature space. $10]
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Ran? Can I make a request for my story? Can Fhant have a horrible death in it? Thanks in advance!