Talk about images!
Tensa

Re: Post Your Desktop!

Post by Tensa »

o3o Topic revived huh?
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

I am not sure when the last time I posted my desktop was, so I hope it was before I changed to this.

imageshack:

tinypic:
http://i56.tinypic.com/23llfnk.png
私は悪魔です。
Merun

Post by Merun »

I have finally solved a long time problem for anyone using, err... a wallpaper lol, that is, what to do when you have several wallpaper you like but one desktop. The answer? Have more desktop.

Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Windows 7 / Linux related? =_=
Merun

Post by Merun »

Tensa wrote:Windows 7 / Linux related? =_=
Neither of them lol. Though it certain could have been possible under Linux but I use Linux just for developing, not my main OS.
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Then please do explain to me how you did that or what software did you use.
Merun

Post by Merun »

I'm using a Mac with OSX 10.7 "Lion". Integrated in the OS is "virtual desktop", which allows me to distribute window application between them. For instance, my setup is a primary desktop with internet and file browser, another for mail, and one more for torrent application, music and monitoring system resources. SInce we are drawing closer to C80 I also use some more desktop to sort things.

Windows doesn't have such feature by default but a search for virtual desktop may bring up some software. Linux does have them depending of the environment, GNOME and KDE have them.

If you want to know, I have some more cool stuff I baked like my download and desktop folder which get auto cleaned. Videos are moved to the video folder after 5 days, same for music. I have also added a little service to search for BMP and convert to PNG, pretty useful for CG pack. On another computer ( Windows one which is plugged on the TV ) I added some services to use my iPhone as a remote control and also the web interface of uTorrent so that I can launch torrent from anywhere.
Merun @ Twitter
Julia

Post by Julia »

Merun wrote:I'm using a Mac with OSX 10.7 "Lion". Integrated in the OS is "virtual desktop", which allows me to distribute window application between them. For instance, my setup is a primary desktop with internet and file browser, another for mail, and one more for torrent application, music and monitoring system resources. SInce we are drawing closer to C80 I also use some more desktop to sort things.

Windows doesn't have such feature by default but a search for virtual desktop may bring up some software. Linux does have them depending of the environment, GNOME and KDE have them.

If you want to know, I have some more cool stuff I baked like my download and desktop folder which get auto cleaned. Videos are moved to the video folder after 5 days, same for music. I have also added a little service to search for BMP and convert to PNG, pretty useful for CG pack. On another computer ( Windows one which is plugged on the TV ) I added some services to use my iPhone as a remote control and also the web interface of uTorrent so that I can launch torrent from anywhere.
Damn Merun you sure are techno savvy.

Here's my desktop which looks kinda crummy compared to your sleek nifty one:
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3
Julia

Post by Julia »

happy fullmetal family
desktop april 2012.PNG
desktop april 2012.PNG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 40857 times
Mami chibi drawn by Jiino, animated by me. | Sophie sig by Misuzu | My Anime-Planet page
RockRabbit wrote:but you know, not every image has a source and not every character has a name :3