RainMeter Image Creations

Talk about images!
Ararara-ra

Post by Ararara-ra »

Suiseiseki > Something-bara

Sorry... she wasn't cute enough for my brain to remember her.
My little 4koma paradise
Current status: Hiatus! AGAIN!

My tweeter
amfest

Post by amfest »

Welp I know it's been a while . .. but because of a request I sorta tried making one again >_>

It didn't come out quite like I inteded . .ah well . .lol. Hope someone enjoys it :P

Download: http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/chibisakura.rar
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

What are you doing in /h/?
:D (evil)
Rimu-Ch4n
Location: That country with the Tulips and Dykes and Windmills next to Germany ^_^

Post by Rimu-Ch4n »

LOL, nice notice! XDXD
amfest

Post by amfest »

solwyvern wrote:What are you doing in /h/?
:D (evil)
XD I was wondering who would notice that :P
Cardcaptor_RLH85

Post by Cardcaptor_RLH85 »

Up and Down x 3??? lol you did that on purpose didn't you...

Ok now back on topic. Basically, the skin is good. (I'd better start with that since it was my request ^_^) Since my artistic ability is somewhere just below being able to draw inside of the lines, I end up admiring the skills of anyone willing to put some time into an artistic work. The font size of the memory and network information is a bit small but given the size of the source image that's not really avoidable. However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a second HDD line in the same 'wedge' as the D: drive line. Hmm, I don't know if it's just my eyesight but C and D look like they're using different font sizes even though they're not. Optical illusion maybe?
amfest

Post by amfest »

well I can add another hard drive line . .I just did them that way to center things within the color stripes . . . as for the size . .I did size down the original image to something that wasn't excessively large . .as it was fairly huge on the screen . . . the fonts for the mem, swap and up and down are small but personally I think these readings aren't that important .. I do like to know my cpu usage though so I did make that rather large on it's own . . Well maybe to keep it somewhat even I can drop the C line some and add the time above it . . though I guess a clock doesn't really matter since we all have one on the system tray XD .. lol . . but i guess extra drives aren't as important so I could stuff those together on one stripe . . hmm . options options . .

Also I'm wondering if I should reduce the opacity of the stripes more . the image is a bit see through if you'll notice . .. though reducing it too much can make it difficult to read the text on it . .hmm .. .but I didn't like the idea of having it solid . .

oh wait . .I could maybe drop the C to the D line also and have the Profile name and IP address listed. . . hmm I'll have to think on it but sounds like a good choice to me . . I'll use the webparser since if I do it the other way . .if you have a router that assigns an IP it'll give you that instead of your real IP . .
Cardcaptor_RLH85

*sigh* I understand about the IP address problems. I still can't figure out why some skins list my IP as either 127.0.0.1 or 169.254.2.2 >_< I have two internet connected IP's on this system and it picks either my loopback connection or my cell phone's USB connection...*SIGH* Oh well, I'll get it eventually ^_^

EDIT: Right now so that I can use it I just did a 'quick and dirty' adjustment to get my F: Drive onto the image. Check near the lower right hand corner...

I like your idea about removing the date from the top though. We do all have a clock in the system tray, and I for one have no idea how (or why) anyone would remove it ^_^

EDIT: Woah,,,I am way too tired...this must be about my 6th edit on this post...solwyvern I just wanted to say/ask:

1: I can hardly wait until I can get your Rozen Maiden and Mahoraba skins ^_^

2: Do you know why your Saber skin only shows my loopback IP? That's also shown in the above screenshot ^_^ (lower right corner)
amfest

Post by amfest »

it's cause he didn't use the webparser.dll to get the ip from a website . . it's the easiest way to get your true ip.

I updated the skin but I guess you needed F drive and not E which I added . .which is easily changed >_> ..anyhow . added profile name and IP addy .. it's pretty cramped in there now . .rofl . .

http://users3.ev1.net/~amfest/chibisakura02.rar
Cardcaptor_RLH85

Ok now for one last post before I goto sleep ^_^ I definately agree with you on how cramped it is, however I believe that since I can tell the lines apart without my eyeglasses on (20/40 vision uncorrected) they aren't too cramped. Mind you I can't READ it without my glasses, but that would require some huge print ^_^

And another question for solwyvern about that Saber skin. What are those seagreen and lilac/lavender buttons to the upper-left of Saber's head for? I don't follow code very well when I'm tired. Maybe I'll just try this afternoon...
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Yeah, my Rainmeters aren't exactly perfect, but they work. -that much, I know.

Those buttons you see are for winamp. They're the Repeat & Shuffle on and off buttons. Notice that they appear only when winamp is operating..

I can't work on the Rainmeter right now, since I'm putting all my free time into finishing the Rena wall I've been working on. It's almost finished. =_= ;
Give me a few days...
Are the Rapidshare links down?
amfest wrote:it's cause he didn't use the webparser.dll to get the ip from a website . . it's the easiest way to get your true ip.
I have no idea how to do that. :(
amfest

Post by amfest »

I have no idea how to do that. :(

Code: Select all

[MeasureIPWeb]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
URL=http://checkip.dyndns.org
RegExp="(?siU)<body>(.+)Address: (.+)</body>"
StringIndex=2
UpdateRate=1800
Then for display

Code: Select all

[MeterIPWeb]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=MeasureIPWeb
X=0r
Y=14r
FontColor=0, 0, 0, 255
StringStyle=BOLD
FontSize=8
StringAlign=LEFT
;FontFace=#DefaultFontFace#
AntiAlias=1
change the things you want about the displaying XD
Cardcaptor_RLH85

solwyvern wrote:Are the Rapidshare links down?
Well apparently, the one for Saber was working as of yesterday ^_^ However, the Suiseiseki and the Chiyuri links are down. It says that they were deleted due to not being used. Thanks I like your wallpapers too so I'll be waiting for that one ^_^
amfest

Post by amfest »

If I wasn't using up most of my webspace I'd offer to host them >_> . . . well if I deleeted the CCS live action and various other comedy clips off my webspace I'd have alot more room to host things like that >_>. but the author could always update their rapidshare links from time to time. There is also megaupload I believe to host things like that
solwyvern

Post by solwyvern »

Cardcaptor, here is Suiseiseki and Chiyuri Rainmeter

â–º http://rapidshare.de/files/26395691/Desktop.rar.html

Please check back a few pages for the bang commands explanations, on where I placed and functions

btw, I mixed up one of the meters in the Chiyuri theme, -barely noticeable(don't have time to fix it, gomen m(_ _)m

Ah, Also the code is a REAL MESS. Understanding it would be painful if not futile. I wasn't very orderly in coding it. gomen again.

Barasuisho still not finished gomen thrice.

Thanks, amfest, for the code.

And by the way, amfest and carcaptor,

http://ipi.fi/~rainy/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2236

It is VERY useful and easy to code in.