The drawing topic!

Talk about images!
Andell

Re: The drawing topic!

Post by Andell »

I can't recall having worked that much on a single drawing. I'll try using SAI for my next outlines.

Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Whoa! That's really good Andell! And I'm just curious, does anyone have any tips on shading/linearts for me? I need to improve on those two points DX
Andell

Post by Andell »

Thanks. ^^

For shadings, it does depends on how you want your drawings to look like. I personally aim for gradual, non cell-shading shadings. Therefore, for example, I have to delimit every strand of hair I want to shade and use a big brush to have that kind of shading. But for a more common anime shading, I think you're doing a fine job. You might want to increase the contrast between color and shade though, to intensify the effect.

About the outlines, try doing bigger/smaller outlines until you find a balance you're comfortable with. Other than that, it's plain patience, drawing and erasing the lines until it gives you exactly what you want. Well, that's what I do anyway; that might be why I'm really slow at drawing. ^^' If you're completely satisfied by the thickness of your outline, you may want to try having colored outlines. I've started trying doing that; it's a pain to do, but it may smoothen the final result. You may have noticed that many (if not most) more professional artists do not use black outlines, but grey ones. It might be simpler.

I'm not confident in doing it that way, so I outline with similar, but darker colors than what the outline delimits. It should also be the color of the object 'closest to you' (hair and clothes are usually closer than skin, so you should use their respective color as reference for the outlines, rather than the skin color, for example).

I guess I can't help you much more than that. Good luck !
Last edited by Andell on Wed May 06, 2009 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
topzter

Post by topzter »

just some random doodle that im working on
Hakuryu

Post by Hakuryu »

I just recently got a tablet so I was practicing with it, and this is what I came up with.

Animated it on a whim. ^^; But hooray for Chibi Amaterasu~ ♥
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

That's absolutely adorable, Hakuryu~
PowereD

Post by PowereD »

Omyfreakingibbishlypicklesaucesexyiness! *0*
I am having a massive overload Hakuryu. <333
Just down to the point kawaiiness. ^^
ばかな~ (=w=)
^Stole from Endo-chan. <3
RP Stats - Kotoba Shimazu, Level: 1 - Novice
Strength: 8
Perception: 5
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 3
Inteligence: 2
Agility: 7
Luck: 2
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

@ Andell Whoaa~ Thanks for the info! I'll take all of the advice you gave me~ Thank you again~ *hug*

@ Hakuryu Awww~ That's so adorable~ Ammy is so cute >w< That reminds me, I need to finish that game XD

I'm currently working on a new picture and I tried a different style of shading this time, and I like how its coming along so far~ I haven't had any time to work on it lately because of my recent report that I'm trying not to procrastinate on. XD It's almost done too!

Warning: It's pretty big~ XD
Hakuryu

Post by Hakuryu »

Thanks you guys. :3

@Yuki2
Your characters are so cute. Their facial expressions are adorable, and I like your shading. I still have now idea how to color stuff. D:

And a little doodle for Nine-san....

/RUNS AWAY

xD
Last edited by Hakuryu on Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nine_Lives

Post by Nine_Lives »

<3 Don't run away, Hakuryu...I just want to stare at you..maybe hug you...or kidnap you. ^^b
I love it, btw~ Cute Ammy strikes back! ></
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

@Hakuryu Aww~ Thank you >w< They're not my characters though, its fanart from Axis Powers: Hetalia (which I have been flooding shuu with images of XD) I love you're drawings~ I can't draw animals to save my life orz XD
Hakuryu

Post by Hakuryu »

Nine_Lives wrote:<3 Don't run away, Hakuryu...I just want to stare at you..maybe hug you...or kidnap you. ^^b
I love it, btw~ Cute Ammy strikes back! ></
All the more reason to run away. x3 Maybe, cute Ammy is too cute~?
Yuki2 wrote:@Hakuryu Aww~ Thank you >w< They're not my characters though, its fanart from Axis Powers: Hetalia (which I have been flooding shuu with images of XD) I love you're drawings~ I can't draw animals to save my life orz XD
You're welcome. :3 And I've seen the first episode of that, I think, but I stopped because all the ones I found were in such bad quality I couldn't watch them. D:

Ookay...guess where I'm going?

Lulz, I hope the hat gives it away. xD
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Ookay...guess where I'm going?

Lulz, I hope the hat gives it away. xD
Hakuryu is going to Disney World/Disney Land?! I haven't been there in ages! >w<

I finished a picture I was working on, and posted it on Deviantart, here's the link: Chibi Taiwan and Hong Kong More Hetalia fanart~! XD;;

I recently downloaded SAI, and... I can clearly say I am completely lost how to use it XD Help?
Hakuryu

Post by Hakuryu »

Aww, Yuki that's so cute. x3 I love Taiwan's littly curly ahoge. xD

I just recently downloaded Sai too. I still don't have any idea how to use it, I learned a few things from looking at tutorials on DeviantArt, but it's mostly experimental on my part. ^^;

Here's an a picture I did for a final assignment in my English class that I made entirely with Sai.
And a DeviantArt link if you want to know more about the assignment.

Acutally, it's the first thing I've seriously colored. D:

Oh, that girl is supposed to be me by the way...
Yuki2

Post by Yuki2 »

Whoa! That's really good! >w< I envy your SAI skills Hakuryu~

Unfortunately I've hit a major.. ARTBLOCK. orz... But before that, I managed to draw a picture (sorry its so small, imageshack resized it, which is weird.. XD) And yes, That is Niney and me. XP

Probably gonna experiment with this picture in SAI for my lineart. I wanna try it out~ 8D

Oh yea! I'm watching you now on deviantart Hakuryu~ 83