The drawing topic!

Talk about images!
silence

Re: The drawing topic!

Post by silence »

Well, I don't know about other users, but I just don't have anything to post in this thread since I wasn't drawing recently at all. Even when I do, it's mostly OC art and I know those are harder to give a meaningful comment on than fanart, particularly when they're as bland as my works.
I am also shy about sharing my art, so I can understand why others would be too.
That being said though, good work, nardack. Keep drawing =v= (Okay this wasn't a meaningful comment, I guess... sorry)
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

waaaaaaah, nar-chii, don't you worry your little head about being the only one posting!
i might only lurk 90% of the time, but i always enjoy people sharing their art here and it's always great pleasure to see you growing as an artist! <3

here, if it makes you feel any better, i am barely drawing these days, but i am participating in a 100 day art challenge on Gaia
it's mainly scribbles and stuff i make in less than 5-10 minutes, but it's the closest to come to creating art, besides my work on my comic during my art class appointments. there's barely anything to show from that tho.

so yeah, link to my thread for the event with a bunch of poorly drawn stuff https://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewt ... t=25199601
(i did like how this Marilyn impersonator turned out tho)
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

D-did someone say oc's? I seriously love seeing original characters, having a collection of them I held onto from my childhood I would revamp here and there over time. I've uploaded a few commissions here of them, I believe. Don't hesitate to ever share your characters here, and that goes for everyone when they feel like sharing them. Oo I encourage activity but I definitely don't want to pressure people into it either, so only share your characters if you feel up to it. I know original characters can be very personal things sometimes.

I wouldn't say these are poorly drawn, I actually really like how clean and smooth your lines are even as sketches. I really like her pose and expression too. As always, good art Rabbit.

And damn, I really like your handwriting.
Kiss and tell, isn't it far from here to hell?
RockRabbit

Post by RockRabbit »

heheh, thanks ;w;
although i like my...errrr...font :lol: my handwriting
it ends up all crooked and messy when i write in a hurry..which is almost always ;w;

the 100 day art challenge reached day 30 and one of today's themes was Mascot
so I sketched a little Shuu-tan bust 0w0
https://imgur.com/ldEIkYk
that's the main reason I decided to share her here ^^;;
  • Your lips, you lies, your lust;; Like the devil's in your hands
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Cuuuute!
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

so has anyone ever had their oc ripped off? it isnt the worst thing to be done to me but ngl this makes me uncomfortable. :oops: i could just be reaching too idk.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Take it from someone who has an entire collection of characters. The more you worry about it, the less you will enjoy commissioning and the art community. Also, it's really hard for us to give an opinion without a comparison of the characters.

Over time I simply accepted my characters aren't exactly unique themselves. I'm not the first person to have characters with thorn crowns around the neck or in their proper place, gothic motives, skull headdresses, garter-belts over their normal clothes [wat], roses growing out of their skin, ect. Aizawa herself was inspired from Hell Girl, I think? At the end of the day, I love my characters a lot and that should be what matters. It's my time and money, after all. I stopped getting frustrated over generic things and just enjoyed looking at all the other original characters being commissioned.

Everything has been done at least once.

Now, if someone simply took a character and just recolored them or changed one thing, I can see the fuss. Don't get me wrong. This is just my opinion though. If you feel they sincerely copied your character then you can approach them, just remember there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. Artists are great people and sometimes great minds think alike and the possibility for coincidences exists.
nardack2009

Post by nardack2009 »

Eeeh! Thank you Rabbit-chii I feel better actually yes!
Your sketches are so lovely, I don't think I can keep up with these art challenges.
I'm a very busy girl! 8)

Thank you guys for cheering, it really means a lot. <3

And now, I wanted to draw her from a long time ago
I do have some doodles for her but I managed to make a messy drawing!!
Our little lovely Shuu-tan ♥
Sinamuna

Post by Sinamuna »

A drawing I did of my boyfriend (future husband) and I. Inspired by Toradora's cute picture of Taiga and Ryuuji in this pose.
"When I met you, flowers started growing in the darkest parts of my heart."
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Good art, everyone!
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Truth is I'm really embarrassed, but during a therapy session awhile back, we had to paint flowers that described us... I chose 'forget-me-not's, because of my memory issues... XD Actually, I really like drawing flowers, if anything. Can't say I enjoy drawing much else yet, but I was inspired to take on painting classes after that.. and it has been so much fun!

Ran

Post by Ran »

Holy crap, Aizawa! Those look awesome! Is that a watercolor piece?
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Thank-you so much. :oops:

Yeah, I really like watercolor. I decided to splurge and get some after a few painting sessions and they're really lovely to work with.
Ran

Post by Ran »

The coloring and shading really give them depth. The illusion of them actually coming off the canvas is extremely well done! It actually looks like the flowers and greenery are a second layer on top of the background.
Aizawa

Post by Aizawa »

Nothing to show today, haha. That I'm proud of, at least. Still having fun with watercolor flowers regardless. I think I'm going to try to experiment with Copic markers a bit, but they're sooooo expensive...

I got a pen tablet for the fun of it, and while I'm not looking to be a serious artist, it's giving me a beautiful escape. So, before I Google and research, what art programs do you guys use? I have Photoshop for graphic making and touch-ups, but Im torn between SAI and Clip Studio Paint . I'm trying to draw Biba Shigure. x]
I know the forums are flatlining but I'm curious regardless, there's a lot of gifted people in here and I'm curious about the process..
Omg, I forgot that was my avatar.