The drawing topic!

Talk about images!
Andell

Re: The drawing topic!

Post by Andell »

Let's go bottom-up !

@Rikenta: Slightly ? You've been improving much ! One thing I know for sure is that you'll always be your best judge on whether your drawings are good or not. If you're not yet satisfied with what you do, then I hope you can do your best to get even better than you are now. ^^ We'll be looking forward your next artworks ! ^^

@Trinity: I'm working hard on it ! X3 Let me express my jealousy on how you manage to put so many hair lines without dropping the quality on your characters' hairstyles. Your body proportions seem drawn so naturally too; do your find it easy to do ? It's such a pain everytime I'm drawing to get the body right enough. -_-'

@Merun: I love the way you did the frills. I tried once, and it turned way... heavier for the eyes than what I intended. Yours are simpler, yet so smooth. :3 My logic anthena's ringing about the hair that come back in front of the body, though. ^_-

@Topzer: I have not right to comment your work. *bows politely* Just amazing as always. How long does it take to get such a great background ?

@RockRabbit: Ha~ That's so a crossover with one of the Air Gear's Yonamano sisters. XD *checking in comments* Ah well, it already has been found, wasn't it ! Eh~ I'm not too sure how to comment on your art; it's so very different from what I'm used to see. But it sure is cute. I have to admit you're doing well using such a small difference in colors to shade so efficiently.

@Yuki2: Thank you ! ^^ Shading's so much work to be made in a 'logic' way, I feel I somewhat can't get it done right ! It actually is so much more imprevisible than how I do it... ^^; I'm jealous of your ponytails, by the way. You manage to get the hair fall down in a pretty natural way, you know ?

@Lilflow: Thanks ! You did a great job too on your Hetalia characters effects. I'm impressed by the way the colored eyes in your B&W artworks contrast. A particular (and a bit late) thumbs up for your Belarus ! May I suggest you try drawing the ears a bit lower, though ? I'd really love to see what results it would give. :)

Here's my drawing of the month ! One-before-last drawing of World of Darkness characters, it's featuring Xolani, a character who was a child soldier before emigrating out of his home country, now trying to live in a more peaceful world (Heh, 'reminds me of Gundam 00 everytime).

Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Oh, I finished this drawing.

http://i56.tinypic.com/23t1piq.jpg

Need to redo her hair coloring (honestly, the light part, highlight thingy, haha, what is this) and the eyes (need to make the color lighter), and after you exit the stage, the world turns PITCH BLACK or close enough, but otherwise, whee~

She's supposed to be saying some lines, but I didn't write them in yet. And I don't feel like pulling my tablet out again now, or else I'd fix these things. For some reason, I had a lot of trouble on the hair this time.
私は悪魔です。
TrinityInRainbows

Post by TrinityInRainbows »

Andell wrote: @Trinity: I'm working hard on it ! X3 Let me express my jealousy on how you manage to put so many hair lines without dropping the quality on your characters' hairstyles. Your body proportions seem drawn so naturally too; do your find it easy to do ? It's such a pain everytime I'm drawing to get the body right enough. -_-'
Thank you! For some reason, I can never find myself having the simple cell-shaded hair. I TRY, but personally I don't enjoy it. x3
For bodies, I do a LOT of gesture drawings. It helps a lot with the flow of poses, and what is most important features when drawing a person.
Here's a site I use: http://www.pixelovely.com/tools/gesture.html
It's great for learning how anatomy works. c:
THERE'S MY SECRET. CX

EDIT: Another lineart! x3 I'm so happy I can draw again! /dances
http://trinity-in-rainbows.deviantart.c ... -199749578
topzter

Post by topzter »

Merun

Post by Merun »

@andell: don't let the lineart fool you xD Also I think I'm taking a different direction from your lighting. I'm trying to do what I would call a global lighting though I should try some spot lighting for some effect I would like to do.

Finished! http://e-shuushuu.net/image/381012/

Hmm... well concerning the technical aspect, I had to used a number of reference. Target general feeling was a Shimeko style like, with Tinkle's clothes style, and I ended up doing a Akabane style coloring for the dress. The image is at 11000x6000 pixels at the end, with 200 layers for coloring. PSD is 1,2GB when I didn't merge. It was a killer for my Macbook Pro, even with the 8GB of RAM and my i7. I started in SAI, spammed 40 layers for the lineart ( deleting, redoing stuff ), colored the majority in SAI. Then I used Photoshop for finishing all the details like texture, pattern, some frills, background, effects, color adjustment.

Out, I need to rest. x.x
Merun @ Twitter
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

Topz! Topz! Nice work with the cowboy girl! Up it to the image board! >A<
topzter

Post by topzter »

drew this yesterday and inked today with help of wata to fix some of my weakness on ink or some sort to the every pixel that looks somewhat weird from him lol.
somewhat nsfw i think
http://i51.tinypic.com/fwj96a.jpg
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

topzter wrote:drew this yesterday and inked today with help of wata to fix some of my weakness on ink or some sort to the every pixel that looks somewhat weird from him lol.
somewhat nsfw i think
http://i51.tinypic.com/fwj96a.jpg
That's ..... nice owo
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

It really is nice, Topz. >w<
私は悪魔です。
Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

More artttt.
http://mefloraine.deviantart.com/#/d3baej3
(Hime Yarizakura)

Thoughts:
1. I really like coloring browns.
2. Surely this is better than most Yozakura fanart out there.
Oh wait, that's because there is no Yozakura fanart out there.
;_;

(Guys, guys, where did you go, guysss, arttt)
私は悪魔です。
Tensa

Post by Tensa »

<irl fun hippi mode>
Duuuude, you gotta practice lineaaart maaaan. You gotta LOOOVE that lineart maaaan. Love life as well. Just practice that lineart and proportions stuff maaaaan. Feel the liiineess woooomaaaaaan.
</irl fun hippi mode>
Andell

Post by Andell »

*woohoo ! Andell dances around*

It's late as hell (or should I say early... 6:15), but I've managed to complete the 5th and last World of Darkness character of the team, Naomie. I might have to retouch the light effect though.

Yatchen

Post by Yatchen »

Is she holding a scarf?
私は悪魔です。
AriaHime

Post by AriaHime »

It's been like...long since I was last on this thread, so I'm going to be lazy and only comment from the top of this page, orz.

@Andell: I think the light and shading look good on this one! I'm impressed with the pose and the way you did the green glow!

@Yatchen: I sympathize. I have so much trouble with hair shading/highlighting it's not even funny. Your proportions look pretty good too, though her wrist is a tad skinny. She's cute! :)

@Trinity: Her outfit it...<3 and so is her hair! And her eyes! SO cute~! Love the star motif thing going on. It just all looks so...professional and polished, especially the eyes and hair. I really hope you do a colored version...

@Merun: Congratulations! You certainly seemed to have worked hard on that drawing! owo I admire your perseverance and generally the fact that you finished that thing with all the effects and everything. I wish I had that kind of patience. I switch between projects like crazy.

@Topzter: I love the eyes, and your lineart is so nice and smooth-looking. They all look great!

@Yatchen again: The shading, especially on the hair, looks good~ And her clothes are pretty~

@Andell again: Okay, so I REALLY like this. The hair and the eyes and everything, and I really am jealous of your skill at lighting. She reminds me a little of Saya Tokido from Little Busters. /random

So nice to see everyone's artwork, though I run out of things to say, lol. ^^''

Well, anyway, all this time I've been getting myself accustomed to tablet and generally working on more things than I can handle. So this is like everything I've drawn in the last three months...so...photobucket links! (You know, I should just start using my pixiv account...)
Pretty early tablet drawing, not happy at all with the coloring. :/ I like the hair, but that's about it. I actually have no idea how to color, so...I was basically winging it. Maybe when I have more time, I'll salvage the lineart and redo it.
Experimenting with Corel Painter, which, after wanting to punt my computer through the window a time or five, I actually am starting to like. WIP.
Fancy clothes WIP~
I'm actually really really really happy with this one, even if it's just a sketch I re-sketched in Corel. This is probably my favorite work in a while.
How the hell does a broken heart
get back together when it's torn apart?
Teach itself to start
Beating again...
TrinityInRainbows

Post by TrinityInRainbows »

AriaHime wrote: @Trinity: Her outfit it...<3 and so is her hair! And her eyes! SO cute~! Love the star motif thing going on. It just all looks so...professional and polished, especially the eyes and hair. I really hope you do a colored version...
Thank you very much! :3 I am currently working on a colored version. (Though I haven't been on my computers for days). orz
I'll get to it. :3