Site changes - 01/11/09

Important stuff goes here?
anonymous_object
Site Admin

Site changes - 01/11/09

Post by anonymous_object »

More site updates have been put in place. We listened to your feedback about the new layout and have made some improvements on look and feel.

-Improved styling on Gecko and Webkit based browsers. If you use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or other compatible browser, you will see a new look with more natural, rounded corners on tables.
-Image comments have been reworked for improved flow and reduced clutter.
-New "Quick Links" section for the main page. In your profile settings, you can configure your Quick Links which will be visible on the main page of the site while browsing images. You can choose which options you want to display, i.e. Avatar, My Images, My Comments, Forums, Chat. For those of you who missed having these links on the main page, this will help you out. ^^
-Other minor fixes here and there.
e-shuushuu!
kawaii-star

Re: Site changes - 01/11/09

Post by kawaii-star »

Loving the quick links feature :D . Now I'm perfect with the new design.
AiKaze

Post by AiKaze »

I love it!! :mrgreen: With some changed details everything became sweeter for the eye ^_^b
I am the Queen...
...of scatter-brained, misunderstandings, naivety and... bubbles (~`-`)~oOo0
Ran

Post by Ran »

Love the customizable quick links! Very good idea. (^_^)

There is a bug with mass tag removal feature however. I can't post a screencap from the PS3. Sorry.
yong

Post by yong »

Hmm, "rounded corner" does not seems to work on opera 9.63, i've tried with other browser, and they works for firefox and chrome.
by the way, is there any chance to add back the "caption" field? i missed that feature :p
Thanks for the site updates.
Merun

Post by Merun »

Opera wasn't mentioned in the list of browser supporting rounded edge.
Merun @ Twitter
yong

Post by yong »

Merun wrote:Opera wasn't mentioned in the list of browser supporting rounded edge.
Yeah, i re-read anony post again, i was assume "other compatible browser" includes opera :p
anonymous_object
Site Admin

The rounded edge styling is currently in draft phase and not yet a standardized part of CSS so Opera does not support it. I believe once CSS3 becomes more finalized, Opera will include support for this.

I'm not sure about the captions. They weren't used often and even less often did they contain useful information.
e-shuushuu!
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

Captions were only ever used for one of two purposes.
  • Making a random comment about the image. Just post the comment in response.
  • Adding information not covered by the tags. Use the Misc. Meta field for this.
As of this point, I believe all feedback in the previous two threads has been acted on with the following exceptions:
  • The JavaScript issue Fuwari reported is non-trivial to fix and pretty hard to do accidentally.
  • There were comments about wanting better icon sets, but those don't just appear. Someone would actually have to make it...
  • Pretty much all advice in posts that insisted Arial or Helvetica were obscure fonts.
yong

Post by yong »

Ok, thanks for the info, im fine without the rounded edge styling, still the square edge not too bad though :p

By the way, is it possible sorting the tags on the tags section alphabetically?
im having little trouble to searching the tags on the tag section, the input field isn't autocomplete and wildcard doesn't work.
i would preffer using the image search function instead.
A.Dantes

Post by A.Dantes »

Wildcard does work. Just search for A* for all tags that begin with A, *world for all tags that end with world, etc.
yong

Post by yong »

Ok, currently this seems to be a reasonable way, thanks alot for the info! (although i still prefer old single-click way :p)
Mia-Isabella

Post by Mia-Isabella »

There's kinda a problem with the images whenever I want to see them in full size, when I click the pic, it redirects me to the main picture page 8the one with all the information)..
what can I do to see the full size image! :cry:
Welcome - to the- EMPTINESS. version 2.0
anonymous_object
Site Admin

This should be fixed.
e-shuushuu!
shawurai

Post by shawurai »

Mia-Isabella wrote:There's kinda a problem with the images whenever I want to see them in full size, when I click the pic, it redirects me to the main picture page 8the one with all the information)..
what can I do to see the full size image! :cry:
anonymous_object wrote:This should be fixed.
I've had that problem since yesterday as well and it still doesn't seem to be fixed. However it does work fine when I try it when I'm at work...

EDIT:

Never mind. I logout and back in and it works now :D
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.