I'm glad that it was just a joke
‎A moment of beauty Still it remains only a memory
A stunning artifact of the past The one, the true, the last
Did I have to trust you?
Truly and madly and blindly
shawurai

Re: Shuushuu Points!

Post by shawurai »

I'm happy it was just a joke. I try to upload a good image from time to time but I know very well that I post less than what I download. I know that a point system would have slowly pushed me away from shuu.

I could however understand the need of a system like this, but I think it would lead to a really fast flood of h-game CG images by some users just to get points while those images can be easily found in full CG packs.
I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.
Andell

Post by Andell »

Let this be an example of E-shuushuu's need. From now on, we will donate to the kitsune's fund !

... oh, NOT the kitsune's fund ? But you know they NEED it.
Fhant

Post by Fhant »

Andell wrote:Let this be an example of E-shuushuu's need. From now on, we will donate to the kitsune's fund !

... oh, NOT the kitsune's fund ? But you know they NEED it.
I'll donate to Anony's Kitsune's fund... at least he wants them in maid outfits too!

*Twirls aroud with a lock* Anyone? Anyone?
[Signature space. $10]
-Aki-

Post by -Aki- »

Dango wrote:Just 2 little comments: 1. how do i know how many points do i have left? the site shows me how many i have download in weight but not in points so i cant not if download a certain image or let it be so i can download another one that i like more...
EDIT: i just read the last part of anonymous_object post u can ignore that ^
anonymous_object wrote:Since Animepaper seems very popular with this type of system, we're confident that Shuushuu can make the transition as well.
thats true but thats its as well the main reason that many ppl dont use it (incluiding me) since they dont have the resources or time to upload images or make productive comments on the images...
canis wrote:I don't use Animepaper for that very reason! The ratio of uploads and downloads is also poorly balanced... I think I will leave here for good this time!! >:(
7tails wrote:So does this mean i cant enlarge the pictures just to admire the art for fear of point deduction.. the reason i avoid animepaper is because of their point system.
TenshiTsuki wrote:
canis wrote:I don't use Animepaper for that very reason! The ratio of uploads and downloads is also poorly balanced
same here. Just visited once, saw the system and never visited again.
There are quite the few talanted people on AP, but many do not agree with their "paper" system, and rightfully so.

Its not hard to figure out AP is more or less a money hungry mongrel feeding off of anime fans. Bandwidth problems? what you never heard of torrents. Contribution? more like "we let you spam so our ugly ads can feed on you!". Yes contribute to the ad fund -err "community" people.

You then have the hole donation system, if its not one thing its another. Think about it: people are pushed into donating to get the scans; or they create wallpapers and feed the site. Since AP doesn't really hold the rights to either the scans and the wallpapers (the fact is at most all its doing is pretending to prevent distribution) many consider the entire site one big scam, since even if you contribute wallpapers you only get at most a small insentive to "help" AP more.

Hence why the site was hacked, I-don't-rememeber-how-many-times, and the scans ripped from it. Last time I heard of it there was this 100,000 image/130gb torrent with the scan categories in nice little archives (somewhere around 30,000$ is I believe the price tag AP places on the content on it).
SasuraUchiha

Post by SasuraUchiha »

so that means, if we can't donate because we don't have money we can only earn 1200 points at one day? because 1 point for a comment isn't much...

and i have to say, that is the same system as animepaper has... and i hate that system... i love shuushuu because the pics are priceless... *sighs*
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

You MIGHT want to read through the entire topic before actually posting. This is a hoax, a April Fool's Joke.
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
SasuraUchiha

Post by SasuraUchiha »

oh? than i'm sorry ^^; i honestly must say i was too lazy to read the entire topic XD
mewmew_grl

Post by mewmew_grl »

hmmm. i was wondering, if this "Shuushuu Points!" thing still applies.
Kagemaru

Post by Kagemaru »

Two posts back. Them words, read them.
Sig made by drake-sama~! ^_________^
MBF

Post by MBF »

The fact that people are still falling for this means something....
May I suggest locking the thread and editing the title, Kage?
Feel Free to add me to MSN, but leave your E-Shuu^2 SN on so I know who you are.